Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 100

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
08/28/14 09:24 PM (9 years ago)

3.x Self Hosting issues - Publish changes, Outdated Plugin & Simple Menu Screen Issue

Hello all, As a note : I had issues trying to access the Buzztouch.com website with my login/password, to get my plugin list. The issue was resolved by shortening my password. It seems the current Buzztouch website truncates passwords if too long (I guess it does not like the 25+ character password I use :-/ ) I have got v3.x installed and the plugins updated and all seems to be working as it should (for the most part) :-) :-). I do have a couple issues that do not seem to be correct ... When I click on 'Publish Changes' and click on 'publish' ... it does nothing ... it shows "working" for a second then blank, go back to the apps home page control panel and it still shows the red dot, not the green one. It does update the files when I edit them (mostly, see 2 paragraphs below) but it does not show it in the control panel. Is there a bug listing for this anywhere and a fix for it? I have an old outdated plugin, (that is not being used) so was going to remove it, but wanted to ask if there is an unlisted android version out there ... of the "Image Gallery" like the one that Chris1 made for iOS? I do not use it at the moment, but would be nice to have if there is a version out there. Some of the screens using the "Menu Simple" plugin, I am not able to modify. The app is 2 years old and released to Google back then. Now I upgrade the server and needed to reset some of the specifics for that screen, but when I save it, it gives me this ... Not Saved! {"result":"error", "errors":"nickname already in use, no duplicates allowed"} Yes, the nickname is in use, it has been that way for the last 2 years and I was able to modify them in the old 2.x version, but can not in 3.x ... any ideas? I am presuming that most of these may be addressed in 4.x but I do not have that yet ;-) so looking for a workaround. Any ideas would be great ... Thanks, Kevin

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
08/29/14 12:59 AM (9 years ago)
>Not Saved! Either delete the old plugin and create a new one with the same name and content or change the name of the plugin a bit. I usually add a digit at the end; it will then be able to be saved and will NOT disrupt anything else. For example, if you called that plugin as a child item in a menu, it will still be there in the menu and the rest of the app will also know it. >using the "Menu Simple" plugin, You do not have to abandon it, however, I find that these days I use Susan's Menu with Image as a default. It does forces you to create an icon for each option in the menu, but the app only looks better for it. > Is there a bug listing for this anywhere and a fix for it? Smug had a workaround solution here in the forums but I cannot find the post right now.

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
08/29/14 08:21 AM (9 years ago)
Per Simple Menu, I do not want to have to republish this app to Google, it is being retired, but is still used. After the upgrade and replacing all the old plugins with the new plugins, it broke :-( (or it is something in 3.x itself). I can modify the home screen simple menu and one other simple menu screen, but not the other 5. The 2 that publish do not have a decimal point in the name, all the other do. It sounds or seems like the naming convention on those pages are not seen the same as they were in the 2.x version, almost like it stops at the first decimal point, which what is before it (in the name) is used by itself in the naming of another screen. example only home / home.04x / home.03x ... only the first screen would be editable. Per publish changes, it does this on every app I have, not just one or 2. When I made a new temporary one, it would let it publish, any existing app it will not. Thanks :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.