Discussion Forums  >  App Store Approvals, Thank You's

Replies: 3    Views: 135

etsdesign
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 12, 2013
Gaithersburg, m...
05/19/14 10:51 AM (10 years ago)

New App…time for updates, though.

Hello everyone! My newest app, "Spy Sites of Philadelphia," is available in the App Store. Thanks to all who have helped me get to this point as it was a wonderful experience! It's time for me to publish updates to the app, including new images and updated content. I have a few questions that I hope can easily be answered by those of you who have "been there…done that": 1. What's the best way to publish updated content (e.g., changes to .pdf files that are a part of my app)? Do I simply change the content of the source file in Buzztouch and if I do, will that changed file magically migrate to my Xcode environment? 2. Do I need to resubmit my updated content to Apple for approval again? Thanks for all your help, folks! Kind regards, Manny

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
05/19/14 12:13 PM (10 years ago)
Hello Manny, If you're using pdf's, you will have to submit your update to Apple. In my first app I used word docs for more than 300 menus. Because of frequent updates, I migrated to the HTML doc plugin. Now I have all of my menus a HTML files on my server and the app points to them. I can update the menus as much as I want ant the app will see the updated version without me even logging into Buzztouch or my self hosted BT control panel. The photos can be updated on the fly if you use the URL to load them. If you want to include the photo with the app for faster loading, you will have to submit the update to apple. Dave

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
05/19/14 02:15 PM (10 years ago)
You can actually point to PDFs via a URL, and that would provide an immediate update to your users, and you can bypass the store that way. But, it does require a network connection for your users. The only time you need to submit an update to the Apple store (or Google Play) is when you are changing/adding files that you want to be part of the app that's on the actual phone. If you can link to content via URL, then you never need to send an update to the store. Mark

etsdesign
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 12, 2013
Gaithersburg, m...
05/19/14 02:27 PM (10 years ago)
Dave and Mark: Thank you both for your quick replies and for your advice. With regard to the PDFs that are a critical part of my app, I wanted to make certain that the lack of a network connection wasn't a showstopper, so as you've recommended and advised, it looks like I'm going to play "mother may I" again with Apple. Phooey! I'll let you know how it goes….and thank you both again for your help! Best, Manny

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.