Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 4    Views: 76

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
03/02/13 07:29 PM (11 years ago)

Push Devices Regestering as Null

Hi All, When my push devices are regestering, they are regestering as mode: "Null". How do i fix this? Jake

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
03/02/13 10:02 PM (11 years ago)
You've been struggling to get your head around this for quite sometime and I realize it's complicated. Have a look at your project, the Register For Push process (in iOS and Android) posts the Live or Design variable to the HTTP request that's made when devices register. If Live or Design is not being added to this HTTP post process, "null" will show in your control panel. In iOS this happens in the app's delegate file: didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken Look at that method, do you see where it's adding "deviceMode" to the end of the URL? If you don't, you have an old app delegate file that was released prior to the LIve / Design mode for push logic was implemented.

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
03/02/13 10:11 PM (11 years ago)
Hi David: Thank you very much for your reply. I resolved the issue by replacing some self-hosted files. I downloaded 2.1.8 on the first week, and I seems the bugs are now gone :) I followed your advice with the other app which kept registering in design mode with the Buzztouch.com server, and now when new copies of the app are installed, they are registering in "Live" mode. When do you think you will have time to move the "Design" mode to "Live" mode devices in the database? Thank you very much for your help with this. Jake

Dragon007
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 17, 2011
London
03/03/13 04:13 AM (11 years ago)
Good to know, I've been struggling, although I have three registered devices can't seem to get the push to deliver, seriously frustrating.

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
02/23/14 07:10 AM (10 years ago)
I know this is an old post, but I am struggling with this on the Buzztouch site. I have looked in the AppDelegate.m and .h files and there is no URL there. In the BT_Config.txt, the deviceMode is not in the URL, so is this something to do with it? If so, what do I have to do? It is the latest version of app by the way! ~Ed

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.