Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 3    Views: 117

Tooly
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 29, 2012
Omaha, NE
03/23/13 02:36 PM (11 years ago)

Newbie css, js, and HTML Question

So I've been working on an app that is a fully 3D illustrated version of the ADA building code. Using mainly Menu with Image and Custom HTML / Text. Apple rejected it because they said it was primarily a book. Adding a quiz and notes didn't change their mind so I needed a way to make my app more interactive. So I thought making some of my 3D models interactive would help. Basically just make them spin 360 degrees. I found a free software program where I could do this very easily from WebRotate 360 http://www.webrotate360.com/360-product-viewer.html . My problem as a non-programmer newbie, is how to integrate this into my app via buzztouch. Here is a pic of what files I get from the WebRotate software after extraction. http://www.universaldesignstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Screen-Shot-2013-03-23-at-4.42.15-PM.png From searching other topics I know I'm supposed to put the css and js files into BT_Docs. Beyond that I'm a little lost. Hopefully adding this feature won't be too over my head.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/23/13 04:13 PM (11 years ago)
Wow. Serious directory structure. With respect to BT_Docs, and BT_Images and things like that, those are for the plugins resources. If you are planning to use an HTML Plugin, with an HTML page (config.html, in your image) you will need to keep the directory structure the same because the HTML file is looking for resources relative to it's own location. In essence, you're going to add that entire directory structure into your 'BT_Docs' directory. The thing I would worry about is when you go to add more than one page; if all of them have that directory structure, you may have issues with some duplicate support files... it might be worth seeing where you can learn how to either separate directories, or combine them, whichever is easiest and/or most efficient. Cheers! -- Smug

Tooly
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 29, 2012
Omaha, NE
03/23/13 09:18 PM (11 years ago)
Figured out an easy way to do what I wanted my app to do. Realized I just needed to upload the folder to the public html folder on my website. Then link the url to my app. Voila.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/23/13 11:11 PM (11 years ago)
ah. much better. :) Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.