Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 7    Views: 140

Itsme45
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 04, 2013
Mernda 3754, Me...
04/02/13 06:52 PM (11 years ago)

html form created

Hello, I have created my first html form for CustomURL plugin. Now my questions are: How can I save that form onto my device ? How do I have to write correct a html code for a phone number, so that I can make a phone call from that form? Is that possible? Thanks

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
04/02/13 10:44 PM (11 years ago)
Hi, I'm going to assume that since you're using the Custom URL plugin, that you have your form hosted at some web server somewhere. Otherwise, you would want to use the HTML Screen plugin in order to include your form with the app. There's no easy way to save the form contents to your device. It would require coding above and beyond what you find in the various plugins. If the form is indeed hosted on a server somewhere, you can use lots of ways to get the form contents to you...PHP, JavaScript, jQuery, etc. It all really depends on what you want to do with the form info. As for Phone Numbers, iOS should pick those up automatically and allow the user to tap it to make a call. There's a setting in the plugins..something like Document Properties...that allows it to recognize phone numbers and addresses. Let us know a bit more about what your form is intending to do, and we can help recommend a solution. Mark

Itsme45
Aspiring developer
Mernda 3754, Me...
04/02/13 11:37 PM (11 years ago)
Hello GoNorthWest, thanks for the answers. I did the setting in the plugin. That works well. Thanks. The form is hosted on a server. The form is made to fill in details of an accident. The user of the form should be able to save the infos on his device for later use. For now a added the launch button. I can save it in different ways from safari. But is there a possibility to save it from the app, so that the user does not have to leave the app? Sorry I cannot explain it in a better way. My English grrrrr....:-)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
04/02/13 11:56 PM (11 years ago)
You explained it perfectly! No problems with your English at all. If you want to look through the Notepad plugin, you can see some examples of how to save information to a device, and now to retrieve it later. It's an advanced topic for sure, and requires some extra coding. Mark

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/03/13 01:59 AM (11 years ago)
Because you are using an form in a browser, you might find html5 offers you a local storage way of saving your form, but it is hard to be sure. I googled using "html5 local save form", it looks promising. Good luck, Alan

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
04/03/13 03:24 AM (11 years ago)
Why don't you use PHP and mysql? Take a peak into LocalStorage in HTML 5. Since both default browsers of iOS and Android are webkit browsers, they both support localstorage. It's very easy to work with, save to, and read from. The catch is though it will disappear if you uninstall and you have to reset it yourself if you find it's getting too large. Other than that, it works great. I've had success incorporating localstorage into some html5 forms in my buzztouch apps. I'd be willing to help you set it up. There are a few small points to it.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/03/13 02:41 PM (11 years ago)

Itsme45
Aspiring developer
Mernda 3754, Me...
04/03/13 02:56 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks for all your answers and ideas. I will try it out and let you know how it goes. cheers

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.