Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 11    Views: 100

mobi
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 23, 2014
NY
04/05/14 12:05 AM (10 years ago)

Hi everyone. New member here and happy to be here. . I came across BuzzTouch trying to find a way to build apps and also learn about them in the process. Buzztouch seemed like the right fit after looking at a lot of places. I have a background in web design and some graphic design, so for me this seemed great as im getting to learn a little about apps(im clueless on them)in the process. I played around for about a week with the free membership, poked around a bit with making a small app and such to see if I can get a feel for it. For me, its a learning curve, but enjoy it. So i upgraded to paid membership and finally got my self host set up. I probably will ask a lot of questions(only after I search and try and try again though). The community here seems very great and very helpful. Glad to be a part of it!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
04/05/14 01:14 AM (10 years ago)
You are most welcome here. The best way to search is through Google for forums: site:https://www.buzztouch.com/forum <term> At first, you just need to learn Buzztouch system in order to make good apps. You may even be able to make some money with these "cookie-cutter" apps, if you choose the theme of the app right. Later on, you may try your hand at coding, but there many successful members here that do not code yet still produce high quality apps. Again, welcome!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/05/14 01:20 AM (10 years ago)
Hafa Adai! Welcome to Buzztouch! I see you have stars, so you found the BTU Vids, that's cool. A Design background should dovetail nicely with apps. So much of the good stuff relies far more on design than actual functionality, lol! Self hosting is sweet; it'll allow you to really reach out with possiblities that just aren't really viable in the BT control panel. Stroll over to Mr' Davids site (btmods.com) and check out some of the modifications he's gathered for self hosting. All of them are useful, and there are a few real gems in there. If you get stuck and need an opinion or some help, or if you just want to scream it from the mountain top, let us know how you're going and if there is anything we can do. Cheers! -- Smug

mobi
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 23, 2014
NY
04/05/14 01:34 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks guys. Dusko, that search operator is going to come in handy for me and that site from Smug looks like lots more great info. I have a lot of reading to do, but trying just to get the feel for the CP still. When I did a small little app on BT it created the homescreen, on self hosted it didnt. Is it normal? I suppose some more reading and trying is the best way I will know. Curious to know if theres differences between the two. Have to say the info here is great. I ran into every problem I think I could just setting up ecplise, including some DDMS port issue. I going to spend the next few days making my first app(or attempt at one). Will be a quiz, but rather larger one. Im sure ill have many questions. Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/05/14 01:40 AM (10 years ago)
If you're going to be using Eclipse with Android, it pays to take a look at a few of Marks (aka GoNorthWest) videos up on youtube. He's done a few of them for each kind of environment, and covers a lot of the 'gotchas' that everyone runs into. youtube.com/gonorthwest Good Luck with the Quiz! Remember there is no question too small or seemingly insignificant. Cheers! -- Smug Although 'there should not' be any difference between self hosted and BT hosted, there is. But the differences are so minute that we basically talk about them interchangably. However, in Self Hosted 'the training wheels are off' so to speak, lol! There will be some differences, but nothing catastrophic. If you get stuck, just yell! :)

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
04/05/14 05:30 AM (10 years ago)
Happy to have you as a member @mobi! LA

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/05/14 06:58 AM (10 years ago)
Welcome! Glad to have you with us. Be sure to ask lots of questions :)

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
04/05/14 07:45 AM (10 years ago)
Welcome mobi! looking forward to your creations! cheers!

ceerup
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 10, 2011
New York City
04/05/14 11:54 AM (10 years ago)
welcome to this great community of people

Arubaman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Akron
04/05/14 09:32 PM (10 years ago)
Welcome, good luck in your adventures.

allandriggers
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 13, 2012
Knoxville, TN
04/10/14 12:16 PM (10 years ago)
Welcome aboard mobi

ukthesis
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 18, 2014
leigh
04/18/14 04:06 PM (10 years ago)
How do I submit a NEW TOPIC on this forum?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.