Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 4    Views: 72

TheCloudMediaGroup
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 23, 2012
Spokane
01/12/13 09:59 PM (11 years ago)

Updating Config Data causes app to break.

Hello, We released an app today and I realized I had a .com where there should have been a .org in one of my tabs. I changed it, and within the app I received the "This App's content has changed" I clicked ok and now the new website comes up but now nothing responds to touch. I can't navigate to any other tabs or navigate in the webpage in this tab. I tried changing it to something generic like google.com and it did the same thing!! Does anyone know why this is happening?? Please help! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/covenant-church-inland-northwest/id591245298?ls=1&mt=8

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
01/12/13 10:47 PM (11 years ago)
Its hard to tell without looking at your config. The only thing I can see from the screenshots is that your "home" page is set to the URL page, which has no TopNav bar (so you can't even force refresh). You could try un-hiding the TopNav on that screen and test. And that's only a guess. Did you compile it in Xcode with the same exact config file that was in your control panel before you changed the .com? If not, that could make a difference.

TheCloudMediaGroup
Aspiring developer
Spokane
01/12/13 10:51 PM (11 years ago)
Let me try that and see if it works! I believe that it was the same config file. Now forgive my noobishness but is there a way to update the config file in your app without a resubmit and a reevaluation of an update? Thanks!

TheCloudMediaGroup
Aspiring developer
Spokane
01/12/13 11:08 PM (11 years ago)
That did not seem to work. If I change anything to the config file, it seems like any sort of touch gets disabled. The home website still cycles through slides as if its live and not frozen. It's just that I can touch any tab or move within the web page. :(

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/12/13 11:51 PM (11 years ago)
The config file is checked each time the app starts up (unless you changed something intrinsic). The URL it looks at is in your 'Core Properties' Go to your 'Core Properties' in your control panel, and select 'Configuration Data URL' and click on the 'Open the current config data URL' link. That is the config file being sent to all the apps in the world. It 'should' match your configuration. If not, I'd start snooping in your screens a little closer You may want to cut and paste into JSON Lint or some other formatter so it's easier to digest. If it doesn't validate you might want to look for typographical errors and stuff that might escape the normal eye. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.