Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 4    Views: 70

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
02/06/13 02:34 PM (11 years ago)

Devices not Re-Registering

After going to the push notification control panel's list of registered devices. I see that App Store downloads are registering as "design" mode. The current version was compiled under "Design" mode. I have sent in a new version compiled with "Live" mode. Screenshot: http://jworldhosting.com/Uploads/Images/DesignTokenProblem.png When this update goes through why do the devices still register as "Design" mode? Thanks, Jake

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
02/06/13 06:16 PM (11 years ago)
Hi jake. Yes, they will. I was under the impression that an app like your's would register as Live (because there isn't a live or design mode appended to the register URL). Hmm...something we should look into. On another note...we can dig into the database and update these registered devices to "Live" if you want? Not sure if this would help or confuse things even further. I've not done any Push work in the last few days while we rolled out the newest self hosted package. Not sure where you stand on all of this?

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
location unknow...
02/06/13 06:20 PM (11 years ago)
If you could turn the "Design" devices to "Live" that would be great. I submitted and update to the App Store last night compiled under the "Live" mode, but some of the devices already registered are registered wrong. This began when the send to "Live/Design" mode was added to the Push Notification settings. The devices registered before this change registered as "Live". Thanks for your help, Jake

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
02/06/13 06:58 PM (11 years ago)
Cool. We're starting a webinar soon but will update the "Design" to "Live" devices sometime soon. Did you look at the Register For Push Notification URL in the console when you tested the app? I'm asking because if you have the latest code it should be appending a Live or Design variable to the end of it. If it's not doing this, you don't have the latest stuff. It's not a big deal but you'll want to make sure you understand why/ how the devices are sending Live or Design when they register. Bye for now...look for the update in your control panel later.

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
location unknow...
02/08/13 06:03 PM (11 years ago)
Hi David, The "Live" mode update to the app was accepted, but the same error with Push is still there. Do you think it will be possible for you to update the "Design" devices to be "Live" devices this weekend? I would like to start sending Push Notifications by next week, because we have an event coming up. Thanks for your continued help, Jake

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.