Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 3    Views: 114

PauledInAction
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 02, 2012
St Helens
06/02/12 04:45 AM (12 years ago)

Create menu buttons from Screen Data URL

Hi all, I don't know if I am putting this in the correct section, but any help is appreciated. I have a grid menu that display sports (football, rugby, etc), once clicked this takes you to a fixtures screen which is a simple menu. I would like to know if once the sport has been selected, is possible to pass the sport name into 'Screen Data URL' on the fixtures screen so that I can return a list of fixtures? Additionally, once this data is returned can it be used to generate a list of buttons in the menu? Thanks for any help :)

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
06/02/12 10:02 AM (12 years ago)
You're wishing to create 'child items' and yes that is possible. It's done via JSON. Fred

PauledInAction
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 02, 2012
St Helens
06/02/12 10:09 AM (12 years ago)
Thank you for your response. With that I discovered the layout required for the menu: { "childItems":[ { "itemId":"menu_1", "itemType":"BT_menuItem", "titleText":"This is row 1", "loadScreenWithItemId":"1234" }, { "itemId":"menu_2", "itemType":"BT_menuItem", "titleText":"This is row 2", "loadScreenWithItemId":"5678" }, { "itemId":"menu_3", "itemType":"BT_menuItem", "titleText":"This is row 3", "loadScreenWithItemId":"2948" } ] } but how can I get the item ID from one screen to the next. For example if I have a menu with sports, how can I pass the itemid/button name to the next screen so that I know what sport fixtures need to be displayed?

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
06/02/12 11:27 AM (12 years ago)
My examination of the BT_config.txt file will explain. www.MySkylla.com Also read Buzztouch & JSON Fred

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.