KRima
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 27, 2013
Sydney
11/11/14 01:40 PM (9 years ago)

Xcode errors.

Hi guys, I have had an app in the app store for almost a year and a half and i haven't updated since then. I opened Xcode to start making changes to the app but it wont even build. There are so many things wrong with it. 1. No simulators show up on the top left and instead it says "My Mac" but this is a recent problem. Yesterday it had all the simulators including iOS device but it would allow me to use my iPhone 5 to test it. I checked my account in iTunes Connect and my phone is definitely there in the list of devices. 2. When i tried building it yesterday, i get errors that refer to code signing and provisioning profiles etc. iTunes Connect says they are valid. Im not sure whats going on there and to be completely honest i don't know exactly what they do and where to add them in Xcode. There errors are below: First error: Code Sign error: No codesigning identities found: No codesigning identities (i.e. certificate and private key pairs) that match the provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“Learn Quran Dist”) were found. Second error: CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.1' Im not sure if i should re-download the source code from BT and start a new Xcode file or should i try and fix the current Xcode file. Would making a new file cause problems when sending it to Apple Store? Any help will be great. Thanks.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.