acpp2
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 09, 2015
Colorado Spring...
04/15/15 12:30 AM (9 years ago)

BT_viewController issues in Version xcode 6.3 (6D570)

I searched the forum but was unable to find the answer. Excuse me if I'm posting the question incorrectly or this question is taboo in Buzztouch culture. I am using xcode 6.3 and OSX 10.10.3. I got this issue in BT_viewController.m file. It looks like this-- BT_Layout/BT_viewController.m:715:40: Implicit conversion from enumeration type 'UIDeviceOrientation' (aka 'enum UIDeviceOrientation') to different enumeration type 'UIInterfaceOrientation' (aka 'enum UIInterfaceOrientation')" The debug screen shows/point to this code snippet-- if(UIInterfaceOrientationIsLandscape([UIDevice currentDevice].orientation)) { [adBannerView setCurrentContentSizeIdentifier: ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierLandscape]; }else{ [adBannerView setCurrentContentSizeIdentifier:ADBannerContentSizeIdentifierPortrait]; } Because of this/above error, the resulting compiled app showed this prompt-- "Missing Plugin: The View Controller for this plugin was not compiled in the Xcode project." in the iPad emulator. What am I doing wrong? Is there a work around this issue? Thanks for any help. I appreciate it. AcPp2

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/15/15 02:05 AM (9 years ago)
Niraj fixed a bunch of this stuff... he outlined what and where in these posts: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=CD280790A695D86F9E6EEE2&tid=CD280790A695D86F9E6EEE2 https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=17197693FE0F18530A39FE8&fid=06DB0BCB08E2222&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1 And that should fix you up, but if you still have something left over, yell out again! Cheers! -- Smug

Jingersnap216
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 20, 2015
Eau Claire
04/20/15 02:40 PM (9 years ago)
I am having the same above problem. I tried dragging in the plugins folder into the working Xcode project that was suggested on another forum. That did not work. I also tried some of the code corrections that were posted by user Niraj above. Unless I'm just inputting incorrectly, those did not work either. Any suggestions?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
04/20/15 04:20 PM (9 years ago)
"Missing Plugin" means that the project can't find the class file listed in your BT_config.txt file... That 'usually' means that a plugin was not correctly added to the project, or not included in the project. If you're certain that you've added the plugin directory correctly (you should see a dialog box asking a few questions, in accordance with the instructions.pdf file that accompanies the download) the I would check to ensure the plugin was included with the download... In other words, look in the plugin directory, and make sure the plugin (with class files) was included. Sometimes, we'll download a project, and add a screen in the control panel. That plugin might not have been in the download, so the project will ask for something that is not there. This happens from time to time. Just download another project. If you've already made changes to your project, then you can download another project, and 'steal' the plugin file from that project, and add it to your current one. Let us know how it goes... Cheers! -- Smug

Jingersnap216
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 20, 2015
Eau Claire
04/21/15 07:02 AM (9 years ago)
My home screen is set up as "menu simple" plugin. When I try to download the project into the iOS zip file and am asked about plugin options I see the following options to check box to include in the zip file: Menu Screens Menu Buttons Menu Simple Content Screens Custom HTML/text Custom URL HTML Doc Location Map Excel Doc Powerpoint Doc PDF Doc Splash Screens Splash Screen Settings Screens Login Screen Action Screens Call Us Launch Native App Send Email Send SMS (Text Message) Share via Email Share via SMS (Text Message) None of those options seem to be the view controller that Xcode is saying its missing. I tried to look through the plugins page and don't see anything that says view controller or similar. Sorry I'm not the most tech savvy person and this may be a silly little thing, I just don't know what else to look for. Thanks for any help you might have.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
04/22/15 03:42 PM (9 years ago)
By default, the screens that are used in your app should already be selected. Those additional screens should be an optional thing. I usually add a bunch, just in case I want to add a screen in my control panel, it will already be properly setup in my app. Once the app is downloaded and unzipped, for iOS projects, you must launch Xcode, and while Xcode is running with your project open, 'drag' the plugins directory into the xcode project. A dialog box will appear asking for confirmation. Ensure that the 'copy' box is unchecked, and press ok. If this procedure is not followed, then 'no' plugin will be 'recognized' by xcode, and will result in a 'missing plugin'. Even though the directory is 'there', if xcode is not made aware, nothing will happen. There should be an 'instructions.pdf' file that comes with the download package... you may want to look and see if it's there. If so, take a quick look at it; it has all the steps needed to get things going. If it's not there, I keep a copy handy here: http://www.smugwimp.com/btMods/instructionsiOS.pdf It may not be exactly current, but the concepts are still the same, and still valid. Don't worry about 'BT_Docs' or the others... just worry about 'Plugins' for the moment. If you still have issues, give another yell... Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.