Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 98

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
04/11/15 04:44 PM (9 years ago)

Increase context menu width

I am developing a phone app and started with ios version first and going onto android second. I need to increase the width of the context menu because some of the text I have to have in the menu is a bit long and gets cut off. I tried reducing the font size but the last part of the text still gets cut off because I cant make the font too small and keep it readable. If someone can please help me with what to change in both xcode and android studio i would be very grateful because nothing I've tried has worked.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
04/12/15 09:39 PM (9 years ago)
I've done that before, and if memory serves me it is pretty easy, but then you have to address ipad and rotation too. I don't think there is a how to. I think one of the devs on the forum could fix it up for you in about an hour. You may want to hire someone.

Sherry
Lost but trying
South Africa
04/13/15 01:04 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks Susan for your reply I'll do that.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/13/15 04:13 AM (9 years ago)

Sherry
Lost but trying
South Africa
04/19/15 08:09 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks Alan for your assistance. I found the solution for iOS on the bottom part of Stobe's thread. I had actually used the top part previously to change other settings like the font size but didn't read all the posts. So to help any other person who finds they have a similar problem here is what I did for iphone - I changed two of the settings (you can use different values but these worked for my app) I changed .....(0, tableTop, (w / 2), 300)]; from w/2 to w/1 & CGFloat xPosition = w / 2; from w/2 to w/4 Here's the full code from Stobe's post with my adjustments as above: In your app_Delegate.m file, look at line #599. It should look like this: [contextMenu.menuTable setFrame:CGRectMake(0, tableTop, (w / 1), 300)]; & CGFloat xPosition = w / 4;

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.