Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 8    Views: 95

redspider
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 03, 2015
The Dalles, OR
04/10/15 11:36 AM (9 years ago)

Active Development / Coming Soon List??

Hey all...Is there anything around in terms of plugins currently under development or things are we could be expecting? Also I see BT has full time staff or at least someone that does a lot of plugins. I kind of I like the idea of their little gui builder tool they have for 35 bucks but out of 2 reviews 1 is a 1 and one is a 5. Can Chris perhaps let us know what the deal is? And last but not least do we have some resident coding geeks for hire? I am always coming up to with ideas but can't find the perfect guys to code. Happy Friday!!

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/10/15 11:53 AM (9 years ago)
Hi redspider - Buzztouch doesn't have any full-time staff, other than David Book, the founder. I'm not sure what David's upcoming development plans are exactly, since I'm not on the administrative team. But, I can definitely speak to any of the plugins I've created. The "GUI" plugins you're referring to are the Ultimate Screen Create and the Ultimate Droid Creator. Both work great and are among the favorite plugins used by a lot of people. Unfortunately, plugin users on Buzztouch aren't always quick to leave reviews, so it's hard to tell how popular a plugin is just from that. Since you mentioned you saw 2 reviews, one being a 1-star and the other being a 5-star, I assume you're talking about the Ultimate Droid Creator plugin. In this case, the 1-star review came from a disgruntled member of Buzztouch that was not happy with the 1.0 version of the plugin. I have since updated it to fix the issue she had and some other bugs, but the review stays present for historical purposes on Buzztouch. But don't take my word for it - I'm sure some users of the plugin (or it's iOS counterpart) will chime in here before long and give their impressions. And if you find a way it could be improved, I'm always open to suggestions. :) -Chris

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
04/10/15 12:05 PM (9 years ago)
Can confirm for Chris, the Ultimate Droid Creator is worth every penny my friend :-) David.

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 16, 2011
Southern Califo...
04/10/15 12:20 PM (9 years ago)
I have used some of Chris's iOS plugins. He is very quick to upgrade and /or fix them any time Apple updates iOS or xCode, and when Buzztouch has a major change to the core. He is also very responsive when asked to "tweak" his code for specific use.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
04/10/15 12:50 PM (9 years ago)
>Is there anything around in terms of plugins currently under development or things are we could be expecting? Yes, you can read about the plugins that I develop here: http://duskosavic.com/blog/android/android-plugins-firesale-make-money-with-admob-on-every-page-of-your-app/ I cannot currently sell plugins on the Buzztouch market, so I prefer working with clients directly. And I always develop plugins for my own use, in my own apps. >do we have some resident coding geeks for hire? I develop plugins and entire apps for hire, both for Android and iOS. You would also do well to look around the Plugins Market, see who develops and publishes plugins there and contact the developers directly. There are five or six people that can develop for the both platforms, Chris1 has the largest number of plugins on the market and almost always develops them for both platforms, which is a rare quality indeed. Other developers will concentrate on one platform, say, Kittsy is somewhat legendary for iOS development and so on. You may also want to have a look at my thoughts on plugin development for hire, here: http://duskosavic.com/blog/programming/how-to-hire-a-programmer-for-a-new-plugin-in-buzztouch-framework/

redspider
Android Fan
The Dalles, OR
04/10/15 12:52 PM (9 years ago)
Sweet...well you got a few more bucks to pay taxes on as as this is all I wanted to know. Chris: how do you pick what to code up. I would assume you code for cash. What are your typical rates? Last one off...but can any plugins around run php natively? Would it be possible to run some basic open source php things on these phones? thanks guys

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/10/15 01:01 PM (9 years ago)
How do I choose? Haha - that's a good question! Sometimes it comes from something I need for a project I'm working on and decide it would be good to share with the community. Other times it's a custom plugin someone has contracted me to do that isn't confidential and so can be later sold on the open market. And sometimes (like the Ultimate Screen Creator and Ultimate Droid Creator) is just something I saw as fun and useful for the market. My rates are based on the complexity of the project. Send me a pm if you have something in mind for what you want and I'll give you a quote. As for PHP, that's not something that phones traditionally run. It is theoretically possible, I suppose, to install a PHP processor on a jailbroken device. But, there's not much point. PHP is a server-side language. Apps are client-side. PHP comes in handy when an app wants to communicate with a server - they simply send a HTTP request to the server and some script (maybe PHP, maybe Python or another language) receives the request, does something, and gives back a response. Hope that helps

redspider
Android Fan
The Dalles, OR
04/10/15 01:20 PM (9 years ago)
Dusko: >Is there anything around in terms of plugins currently under development or things are we could be expecting? Well there doesn't seem to be much in the way of tiny fruity games for android....even tik tak toe I would buy just to toss it in as an extra bonus for people using the app. So tiny little mindless games comes to mind. My day job is running an ISP and finding some basics for end users is near impossible. For end users having a few little troubleshooting tools would be handy and then for my techs a handful of tools would be handy there as well. Its probably far to custom for more than a 1 off. I will check out your site. >I cannot currently sell plugins on the Buzztouch market, so I prefer working with clients directly. And I always develop plugins for my own use, in my own apps. I have no idea the history behind who can and can't but for those that can't have you guys ever thought up maybe a 3rd party market? And before you guys go hating, my thoughts are the more developers out there working on this platform specifically gives its life expectancy a longer term. Thanks again all.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
04/10/15 01:46 PM (9 years ago)
> For end users having a few little troubleshooting tools would be handy and then for my techs a handful of tools would be handy there as well I have developed something in this vein for a client a year ago, so can you please contact me through this link: http://duskosavic.com/blog/contact-dusko-savic/

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.