Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 122

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
03/15/15 03:33 PM (9 years ago)

New Plugin: Menu Image Student

I just uploaded a new plugin called, "Menu Image Student". It is similar to the Menu with Image, but the features are dramatically reduced. The purpose of the plugin is to give educators a menu plugin to use with students and their first exposure to Buzztouch. The plugin only has one size header image, and no opportunity to add description text or a row icon. I also removed a lot of advanced features, like using a dataUrl. Because this is intended for students, I added a lot more instructions throughout the plugin. I will be using the plugin for a Girl Develop Training program at the end of the month. Girl Develop It training programs are really cool because all classes are hands on learning. Each student brings their own laptop to class and they have one TA for every 5 students in the class. I am still writing the curriculum, and it will be for a 2-hour class, although I am expecting to stay another hour or so to help students with their apps. The curriculum is based on the training programs of @GraciousWolf_PE and Brian Foutty, but is a bit different because students will make an app in class. It is for both iOS and Android, although students will only compile either one or the other in class. This first class is targeting WordPress developers. Teachers: let me know if this is of interest to you. I have a distribution group of Buzztouch Educators. We haven't been meeting lately, but we can always get the group together again. Thanks!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/15/15 03:40 PM (9 years ago)
Sounds like a great program, Susan. And a nice plugin to boot! :) Cheers! -- Smug

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
03/15/15 04:22 PM (9 years ago)
That is really great Susan! Looking forward to hanging soon

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
03/15/15 06:13 PM (9 years ago)
Nice!

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
03/16/15 07:01 PM (9 years ago)
what an amazing idea

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.