Kingston
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 01, 2013
New York
03/10/15 01:38 PM (9 years ago)

Push Notification | Stopped My application | Error

Hi, Recently i updated My self hosted Server from version 2.1.9 to 3.0. I include push notification menu for both IOS & ANDROID app and i uploaded Apple push Certificates for IOS and add GCM Project Number & GCM API Key for Android version. I used Buzz touch Core IOS 3.0 to download my app and develop it. After approved from apple i downloaded my app and open it. In the home page, a pop up message shows "This app would like to send you notifications".Along with that message it show two options "OK" or "NO". If i select "No" My app will load without any problem but if i press "Yes". It shows a message as "Unfortunately your app has stopped" and it will give you a choice to report it or just hit ok. Then quit from my application. This issue occurred for both IOS and Android application. Kindly provide me a solution to solve this issue.

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
03/12/15 04:13 AM (9 years ago)
Just out of interest, what iOS version are you running for your iOS app? I believe that notifications have changed in iOS 8 - at least as far as the registration is concerned. Not sure about your Android notifications. Cheers Darrel

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
03/15/15 08:46 AM (9 years ago)
Parse works flawlessly on new bt android studio package, just by following parse online instructions. No extra steps needed. Just take out one of the receivers in the manifest

Kingston
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 01, 2013
New York
04/08/15 10:00 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Darrel, Previously i used IOS 7.0 for developing app. Thats why i got push notification issue. Now i solved the issue by using IOS 8.1. Thankyou for your assistance.

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
04/08/15 05:16 PM (9 years ago)
Good to hear you got it sorted out :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.