Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 58

Prime
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 08, 2015
Tampa
03/08/15 06:46 PM (9 years ago)

New and need guidance

hey guys I am very new and could use some pointers.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/08/15 11:12 PM (9 years ago)
Hello! Welcome to Buzztouch! Are you developing primarily for iOs, Android, or both? I have a YouTube channel with a lot of Buzztouch stuff in it that should get you going: https://www.youtube.com/user/gonorthwest If you have some specific questions, let us know! Looking through the How-To Section should also shed some light on how things work. Welcome! Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/09/15 07:16 AM (9 years ago)
Howdy! Welcome to Buzztouch! GoNorthWest has some of the best videos available for the Buzztouch user, so be sure to watch those. Check out the 'BT University' courses as well. Slightly dated, but still full of good info. All those are links in your BT Account, usually on the left side. (but not visible from the forums, click on your account name). I can only echo Mark's comments for the resources as well. Good stuff. Otherwise, until you're a BT Member, you're limited to three apps. Your first app should be something simple, so you can 'kick the tires', and see how things work together. Play with it a bit. Get used to it. Throw a couple of plugins into your project. Change it around a little. You can always delete the components and start over again once you feel more comfortable with it. Remember; you won't 'break' anything. Once you're ready to stretch out a bit and try something 'real', Take a look at the plugins availble in the market. Naturally, grab all the 'free' plugins you can. Then take a look at each plugin, and see what it does. Then, instead of saying "I want to build a great app that does this and this and that...", look at what you can do with what you already have, so you don't have to burn out learning a heap of code. A few folks have done pretty well just making quiz apps, and things like that. Once you're familiar with it all, and have a direction in mind, feel free to stop by the forums and ask pretty much any question you can come up with; we've all been there, done that, and are willing to share our experiences. Most of us, anyway, lol! In fact, stop by for 'any' question related to your app process. It's likely that the question you have is on someone elses mind as well. Above all, try to have fun with it. It's not any fun if it's not any fun :) Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.