Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 38

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/05/15 08:13 PM (9 years ago)

Background Image in Themes for iOS

Using a theme to set the background image on every screen (from a url). Much easier than setting on every screen! I am looking for a way to change the URL at runtime for the theme background. Example: Using backgroundImage1.jpg in the theme Would like to offer the user the option to pick one of other images available (backgroundImage2.jpg etc.) How can I mod the theme value??? I had asked a previous question regarding theme background colors, but this would be even better. My guess is that most of us are not currently using themes, and this would be a great time for someone from BT to offer up this tip ;)

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/06/15 11:00 PM (9 years ago)
Save the new value in NSUserDefaults. Update the code in BT Core to check for an overriding value in NSUserDefaults. Let us know how that goes for you! -- Niraj

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/07/15 11:09 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks! I will try it out tonight. Searching found it will be in: BT_background_view.m (around line 140)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.