Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 46

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
02/28/15 07:09 AM (9 years ago)

TabBar Config Plugin update?

Just added the plugin that I purchased previously into a new project. Have been looking forward to using it after trying it out in a test App previously. When looking for the Plugin in the marketplace to review setup tips... Although still available in my Installed Plugins, it was not listed anymore in the Plugin Market. Is it being updated?

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
02/28/15 08:47 AM (9 years ago)
ok- info under Installed Plugins. Just wondering status of plugin - maybe adding screen transitions ;) ==================================================================== Just noticed 2 bugs that I had not seen before in my test app. 1) My firstTabBar icon has a label "label 1", even though the nickname is "Home"?? 2) The position of the first TabBar icon is able to be replaced in Edit mode. I thought this icon was not able to be moved/replaced, The other icons can be marked "Hidden" in order to disable edit mode ok. Design limitation? 3) Refreshing the App returns the Navbar icon positions to the default as set in control panel. Edited positions are lost.

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
02/28/15 10:52 PM (9 years ago)
@NCbuzz I have removed the plugin for sale from the market for a few reasons, some of which I don't want to go into details as I don't want to create a stir in the community. Now to address your *bugs* reported: 1. I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. If you're in the Layout Properties of the control panel. The nickname field is what you titled the screen name when you added the new screen. The label is what actually shows up inside the app under the icon. These two can be different. This isn't a bug. 2. The first tab using this plugin does not have the functionality to be "hidden", so this is not a bug. It's as intended. You'll notice in the control panel that the first tab is actually set under the home screen properties and the remaining tabs are created under the Menu items section (which do have the ability to be hidden). A note about this plugin, its designed to allow app users to customize ALL tabs excepts the more tab. However there is a hidden feature for specific screens that ONLY appear on the more tab. These items are the screens that cannot be dragged around. And 3. The refresh button is buzztouch's ability to "reset" the entire app. It's designed to reset the contents on the app to catch newest content. I always remove the refresh button when I am ready to publish to the app store for several reasons...this being one and the fact that I built an analytics platform on my control panel dashboard to reflect the correct view/screen visit. The refresh buttons hinders the ability to read an accurate count.

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
03/01/15 01:45 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks for the quick reply. 1) Not sure what the issue was yesterday. Must have been something I did. Works fine. 3) Understand your reason. 2) Realize it is by design now. However my first Tabbar Icon is for my Home screen, which I always want as the first item. (meaning do not want to let user replace it) If it is possible to do, can you point me to the right area of code where I can mod? Thanks again

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.