Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 7    Views: 45

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
03/04/15 01:48 PM (9 years ago)

menu transitions - issues!

First time I have had this issue - main menu is the Menu with Image rows (used it plenty of times, no issues). I then transition to using menu with image for secondary and third menus off main. I have repeated this step/setup several times in other apps - never an issue. Today however, none of the second or third deep menus will "go back" to their self (everything set correctly in CP) - no matter what option I select from whatever menu, the Nav Bar "go back" button that is configured to return to its own menu always reloads the main menu. So, for example a custom URL that sits in a second or third menu is configured with home button to load its correct menu - never does though - always goes back to the menu start menu (main menu). Very frustrating as nothing I have done here is different to the setup on other Apps that work fine. This version is on Android - I have another App with same setup on iOS as well - that one works as it should! Pointers anyone please!!!

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/05/15 10:34 AM (9 years ago)
People hate me when I say this, especially those who have all the microsft certifications. Have you tried switching your Mac (or PC) off, then on again? Seriously, I can't think that you are doing anything wrong and this might, just might, work?

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Bilston - Engla...
03/05/15 01:00 PM (9 years ago)
Hehe - no worries AlanMac, been there done that! Even deleted everything, repackaged, redownloaded (having set, double set and checked the CP) - same results! So frustrating as no idea why this happening. Also - have issues with push notifications on this Android app as well - they prompt, register but nothing gets sent (testing on real device). Again, have all that setup and working in other Android Apps without issue. Dont understand it all :(

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
03/05/15 01:50 PM (9 years ago)
On the push front Rob,I think there is some kind of weird logic that you need to use the live mode config.txt for the live release, but I have not had great success with BT push. On the menu front, I am in the process of upgrading some of my apps. I just finished the last of my ios apps. Next week, I will look at the ones that have an Android equivalent. I have apps that use menu image in the way you describe, if I come across the same issue I'll shout. Another thought - are you using Eclipse or Android Studio? Alan

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Bilston - Engla...
03/05/15 03:44 PM (9 years ago)
Yeah - happy with the Push, I make all the changes needed to the files and its just works .... except for this troublesome App! Still using Eclipse at the moment although I have installed Studio and updated it already, but having just learned to use and publish with Xcode - not looking forward to having to learn another tool (again)!!!

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
03/06/15 03:12 AM (9 years ago)
This is normal android behaviour! Pressing back on the navbar brings you to the main menu no matter how deep you were. You need to press the build in android device back button to go back just 1 step! Mostly right bottom of the physical android device.

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Bilston - Engla...
03/06/15 03:28 AM (9 years ago)
Hi LeonG - I know yes :) Transpires however that some of the JSON wasn't correct so I had to delete a number of screens and recreate them - all good now! No idea why this was the case and took an age to track down - the screen id's were referencing the mainmenu when in fact should have been the menu they were launched from. Fixed earlier this morning. Push still not working though which is bizarre - made all the changes (as I have done in other Android Apps), device registers fine but never receives the notification.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
03/06/15 05:40 AM (9 years ago)
Glad you got those menus sorted Rob. For the push, have you tried other devices? I remember reading about a problem way back that was to do with the registration from a certain android device being an issue - I think it was a character or space in the reg string that BuzzTouch push didn't like. Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.