rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
02/24/15 03:08 PM (9 years ago)

iOS App update - first time!

Hi all, I have an App in review for testflight external use which is cool. I do however want to submit an update and this will be the first time I have done that for an iOS app (android is simple)! So - Do I just download my new code package from BT, import everything into Xcode - assign the same dev certs and provisioning profile as before and just change the App version? Then archive and submit? I have added extra screens with new icons and included a couple of extras that I may want to build in later. I have made a number of minor code changes on the existing version so would need to do that again on the new download version? Sorry for what I am sure is a simple ask - is there an "easy" / "easier" way of doing this? Regards Rob.

Becky
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 08, 2012
NYC
02/24/15 04:22 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Rob - Yep, you need a whole new package. The "minor code changes" will need to be in the updated version if you want to include that in the updated version. What happens is once it is approved, the old version no longer exists so you need to include everything within the new version. Make sure in iTunes Connect that you click on "New Version" and go through all the steps to upload the new package. There is no "easy" or "easier" way that I know of. Not yet, anyways.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
02/24/15 04:27 PM (9 years ago)
Nice! If you dont have the new screens files in your app, you could drag and drop them from the downloaded self hosted package of the plugin. Then you could copy and paste your new bt config file over your old one. Also change the version numbers in your project. Oh yeah and you do assign the same certs. And you might have to change some import statements to match your app name in the header and implementation files I think. It's been awhile since I did it that way. It's pretty much the same as android

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
02/24/15 04:31 PM (9 years ago)
Yeah - thanks Becky / Chris. Apple approved V1 for external test flight which is good (only took 24 hours) - means I can invite the customer to test out. I changed my existing code to V2, added the icons and plugins and archived up using same certs/profile. All updated great in iTunes connect and TestFlight automatically pushes a notification out to say a new version is available to test - sweet! Rob.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.