Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 2    Views: 69

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
06/17/14 05:03 PM (10 years ago)

tap to pass

what technology is available to create an app that shares from one device to the next. I have heard of this on android. does anyone know about this ? I think you touch the devices and the app will be installed on the others device Does anyone know how to do this for both iOS and Android or has anyone heard of this and can point me to stack overflow or other answers for iOS also Joe Sprott Bodacious Media

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
06/17/14 05:31 PM (10 years ago)
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. Is it about content sharing from one user of an app to another user. If so, iOS's share sheet does this via many sharing options, including AirDrop. Or it could be about sharing an app on the app store amongst your friends or other devices. On the app store, Facebook users can recommend apps by liking them, and their friends will see this. But if you have multiple devices, as long as they are on the same iCloud account, you can configure them to automatically install an app across all your devices if you purchase an app on one. If you're talking about beta app testing, on iOS there isn't a quick way to do this. Maybe Apple's new TestFlight feature for iOS 8 this autumn will cut the mustard, but at the moment, you need to do a lot of configuration before you can do an Over-The-Air distribution to other devices.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
06/19/14 06:42 AM (10 years ago)
Bump is one of those apps

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.