Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 4    Views: 93

stephenstafford
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 02, 2011
Southampton
05/14/14 02:26 PM (10 years ago)

Server API Key

Hello - don't know if I'm missing something - I've set up a self hosted control panel successfully, but when I go to the Self Hosted Software section of my account in buzztouch.com to get my api key, it says 'You don't have any self hosted control panels setup.' ...any help appreciated

Stephen Mercurio
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, Calif...
05/14/14 05:47 PM (10 years ago)
Hey Stephen, I checked your account and I added a new API Key. See if this helps.

stephenstafford
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 02, 2011
Southampton
05/15/14 02:25 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks very much Stephen - that's done the trick!

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
05/31/14 09:07 AM (10 years ago)
I'm looking for: define("APP_BT_SERVER_API_KEY_SECRET", "YOUR_BUZZTOUCH_API_SECRET"); The API_SECRET is not listed in the box on Server API Key Details, as API Key is listed. if we're to create this ourselves, do we just type it in here, or do we do it somewhere else in our Account? Also, the instructions says: "see Account > Self Hosted Servers", but in the Account it is "Self Hosted Software".

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
05/31/14 09:43 AM (10 years ago)
I did a Google search and found an old Forum post on the topic, with "Modify" being the method to use to "Create" our Secret. Glad to know I wasn't the first! That's a loose-end that should be tidied-up in instructions. In https://www.buzztouch.com/account/selfHosted.php, it at least could be there as an item, with no value, giving us a clue that we could/should do something.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.