Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 77

HerrNathan
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 11, 2011
Stirling
06/19/14 04:22 AM (10 years ago)

Moving my Self Hosted Panel.

Hi All, I set up a self hosted panel and have an existing app running from there for the last year or so. I've now got a request to set up a whole new app but would rather it was running on a different self hosting panel. From what I can see, you are only able to have one self hosting panel installed. If I modify the Server API Key Details (ie change url/panel name etc to point to my new server) will this stop my existing app from working? I'm not concerned about making any changes to the existing control panel as the app is fairly basic and will be superseded with the new app that I'm planning on creating on the new panel.

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
06/19/14 12:43 PM (10 years ago)
Hi, the API key is what allows you to create and download a package. So it will not affect your online apps. You can even make changes to an app and publish those changes. It will still work. You just won't be able to download packages. Cheers. Miguel

HerrNathan
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 11, 2011
Stirling
06/22/14 08:28 AM (10 years ago)
Miguel, Thanks for the reply! Exactly what i needed to hear :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.