Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 1    Views: 157

almosturban
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 23, 2011
Canada
06/19/14 12:56 AM (10 years ago)

EC2 Self Hosted - settings.php control panel page not loading

Hi All, After much trial and error and help from @ResearchDepartment 's self hosting guide I was able to get the Buzztouch Server installed on EC2. Every single page in the control panel is working with the exception of /BT-server/admin/settings.php That is the only page in the control panel that won't work/does not load. Just a plain white screen loads, no error message. In RD's guide it has you modify the settings.php file, line 62-64, which I did by adding the IP address line: //show server's IP and Host Name $hostName = ""; if(isset($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"])) $hostName = $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]; $ipAddress = “”; if(isset($_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"])) $ipAddress = $_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]; $ipAddress = “54.86.161.142”; I have also tried adding the IP address to the first instance of $ipAddress=""; shown above, and both instances at the same time. I do have the correct IP address for my EC2 instance. Since the page won't load I am unable to finish setting up my API key. Any assistance or suggestions to resolve this are greatly appreciated. Thank you'

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
07/30/14 11:42 AM (9 years ago)
I know it is a month later and you've probably fixed it, but are the permissions set correctly? CHMOD 775 or higher (777)? Thanks Ed

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.