Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 4    Views: 91

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
06/20/14 11:02 AM (10 years ago)

Attempting the 3.0 install

Hi Folks, Before I begin my post - Happy Friday to All! Before I begin my question - Super props to Danny. Dude is amazing. In the states we have a fun day called Memorial Day. It's when you take the day off of work, buy sheets, goto the beach or just hang out w/some bbq. Memorial Day (2013), he sent a few emails & got my self-hosted BT 2.0 server up in a day. Definitely worked his magic. I used Danny's services (and would again) and highly recommend him to anyone in my shoes. But, before I waive the white flag (and save a few dollars to buy fancy plugins), I thought I'd give it a shot. [Famous Last Words - I know]. [Danny, keep an eye out for my potential upcoming email.] Here's where I am today: [Sort of on step 4] https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/bt-self-hosted-3.0.0.pdf A few errors have popped up: 1) There was a problem connecting to the database server. Are you sure you entered the proper user credentials? Server is usually localhost, User Name and Password could be just about anything! Ask your server's administrator if you're unsure. 2) I've set everything else up correctly: database, user, password... I'm just confused on this: >>Database Table Prefix: This may not matter to you [empty field populated with 'bt'] 3) I didn't name anything 'localhost,' but kept it as is. Using cpanel, any idea where to find this? If you can help me along in this part of the journey, fantastic. Thanks as always -

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
06/20/14 11:42 AM (10 years ago)
I PM'd you back ;)

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
location unknow...
06/20/14 12:21 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks CB!

PSMDanny
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 09, 2011
Heerlen
06/21/14 01:43 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Aquila, Thanks for your kind words. Just drop me an email or pm if you need help! Best Regards, Danny

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
location unknow...
06/22/14 03:49 PM (10 years ago)
Just to follow up [drumroll please], it's alive! Thank you to CakeBit & Danny for this. Cakebit suggested that I look at the old 'config' file and copy over the info from that into the new 3.0 update... Using Danny's previous config file, I did just that and - kazam - it worked. Thanks folks!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.