Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 8    Views: 112

PeteSmithies
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 12, 2013
Waiouru
01/24/13 10:01 PM (11 years ago)

Video Tutorials

Why are there not more Tutorials available? It seems odd to me that BuzzTouch has not got all the buzztouch U learning paths already recorded? I have only just started to look at BuzzTouch so I am assuming that perhaps there has been a new version of Buzztouch and this has meant a re recording of training tutorials??? Regards Pete

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/24/13 10:07 PM (11 years ago)
It's sort of a double edged sword. Although the team is growing, I suspect they're still all pretty busy. So what's going to happen is, if they don't create tutorials, they'll have time to improve Buzztouch. If they take the time to do the tutorial videos, they won't have time to improve Buzztouch. What seems to be a growing trend is that some of the more experienced members are creating their own videos and placing them on You Tube. Take a look at member pages for GoNorthWest, MacApple, Kittsy and a few of the 'legends of Buzztouch' and you'll find links to their You Tube channels, where they have taken a little time to show the rest of us how they got through this or that situation. Most all of them are worth the time to watch. Or you can just enter 'Buzztouch' in the You Tube search and see what pops up. I'm sure 'official' videos are a matter of time, but things are constantly changing, and by the time they document something, it may be legacy technology... Most of the documentation, albeit a little dated, is still (mostly) relevant. And you can always come to the forums if something doesn't make sense... Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

PeteSmithies
Android Fan
Waiouru
01/24/13 10:11 PM (11 years ago)
Hi Smug, thanks for the response... That makes sense, I have already downloaded GoNorthWest's excellent PDF Android Manual. Being a newbie, I did not know (yet) that members had done their own tutorials. SO I will certainly start watching them. Many thanks Pete

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/24/13 10:25 PM (11 years ago)
I have it on my to-do list to start updating some of the docs that I've written in the past. It's hard to keep up with things sometimes, especially as things get busy at work. I think the doc on signing your Android app and all the keystore stuff certainly needs a rework! These tutorial videos are pretty current though: http://www.youtube.com/user/GoNorthWest/ Mark

Arubaman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Akron
01/24/13 10:55 PM (11 years ago)
If you watch all the videos you will have the basic knowledge of making a app with buzztouch along with the how to's at the top. Sometimes you just have to jump in. Ask in the forums for any hangups that may/will come up. Good luck.

PeteSmithies
Android Fan
Waiouru
01/24/13 11:15 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks very much... I shall dive in .... warm regards Pete

PeteSmithies
Android Fan
Waiouru
01/25/13 12:17 AM (11 years ago)
Am I right in thinking that, as stated in the BuzzTouch U learning, I cannot create a Mac App without a Mac.... is there no emulator that will allow the app to be created via a PC running Mac software???? Pete

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/25/13 12:33 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Pete, That is correct. Xcode is required for iOS apps, and it runs on Mac OS X. You "could" try getting a VM up and running on your PC with Mac OS X, but there are lots of reasons why that's not the best idea. Here's a doc that outlines what you need for both iOS and Android apps: http://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Things_You_Need_Before_You_Start_Developing_Apps_v1.1.pdf Mark

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/26/13 06:58 AM (11 years ago)
There is a formal buzztouch channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/buzztouchapp?feature=results_main I believe you will be able to see more videos from there then from the buzzTouch U.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.