Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 3    Views: 78

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
01/27/13 10:48 AM (11 years ago)

Not getting the push prompt for permission after installing new source code?

Just some info to pass along........ I tried a million times in a million different ways to instal push for an existing app. Every time I launched the app from xcode, i expected to see the request to accept push notifications. To my dismay it never came so i kept digging to figure out why. After banging my head i found two things, 1- make sure that the provisioning profile that you use in xcode matches the one used for the app id. 2- Before buzztouch came out with push, i was playing with parse.com. While working with parse.com, i already accepted push notifications for this app. For this reason, after downloading the new buzztouch source code with push and then launching the app, i never got the request for permission for push. I then went to my bt control panel push screen and noticed that my device was registered and wouldn't ya know it push worked like a charm. Bottom line.....if your not getting the permission request, before you start tearing everything apart, check your control panel to see if your device registered. Dave

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
01/27/13 12:57 PM (11 years ago)
In the iOS Device, check Settings->Notifications and see if your app is in the list. I believe that if you have already accepted it with Parse, you will not have to again. Try to send a test Push. Does this help? Jake

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
01/27/13 03:07 PM (11 years ago)
If your app is already registered with any push service it will automatically regester with Buzztouch if you use the new source code and regester URL in te controll panel. That is why you don't get an alert to re-add push notifactions after every app update you download from the appstore.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
01/27/13 04:31 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks guys..i figured that out after realizing that i had already gave the permission for push when i was playing with parse. It was a real doh! moment when i figured out why the permission box wasnt popping up. Just passing the info along t try and save others the aggravation.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.