Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 8    Views: 235

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
01/07/13 02:25 AM (11 years ago)

Use of undeclared identifier 'loadAppData'

Hi, I am trying to implement Appoxee into my app. I have followed the guide available on here, but I get this error when trying to run my app in Xcode. Semantic Issue Use of undeclared identifier 'loadAppData'. This is where the error is... -(void)loadAppData{ [BT_debugger showIt:self:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"refreshAppData%@", @""]]; Anybody know how to overcome this? Thanks Ed

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
01/07/13 04:21 AM (11 years ago)
is 'loadAppData' declared in your appDelegate.h file? Maybe missing syntax somewhere? "{" ? It's been a while since i implemented Appoxee. With BT rolling out Push Notifications it's much easier and just works Great feature to offer clients on your Developer website! keep us posted:) ian

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Wiltshire, UK
01/07/13 04:43 AM (11 years ago)
How do I find out and how do I declare it if not? (I didn't have this problem last time and just follow instructions on how to do things, I'm 13!) Ed

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
01/07/13 05:24 AM (11 years ago)
copy the text from that error up. post it on here, it will definately be either an eroneos } or you ahve added a method in another method

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Wiltshire, UK
01/07/13 05:29 AM (11 years ago)
Dont worry, I am just going to get the Member Subscription and get BT Push notifications instead of Appoxee, thanks everyone though. Ed

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
01/07/13 05:31 AM (11 years ago)
It#'s always good top learn what went wrong, that error is very common, not just in the appdelegate

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
01/07/13 09:13 AM (11 years ago)
Hi Ed, Totally agree with Kittsy. You should post the code and see how we can fix this. Be neat to get it running and learn from it. I mentioned the BT Membership because I saw you have your own App Business (how cool at 13!) and the extra BT support and features will give you a leg up on competition. Future looks bright with young men like Ed around here! Ian

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Wiltshire, UK
01/07/13 11:12 AM (11 years ago)
Im a member now :) Ed

flyin ryan
I hate code!
Reg: Jan 05, 2012
arlington
01/07/13 08:17 PM (11 years ago)
Im actually having the same problem trying to get RevMob into my app. Here is my code if anyone is interested. Thank you, Ryan */ #import <Foundation/Foundation.h> #import <UIKit/UIKit.h> #import "BT_downloader.h" #import "JSON.h" #import "BT_strings.h" #import "BT_fileManager.h" #import "BT_audioPlayer.h" #import "BT_dates.h" #import "BT_color.h" #import "BT_application.h" #import "BT_viewControllerManager.h" #import "BT_debugger.h" #import "BT_background_view.h" #import "txmx4_appDelegate.h" #import <RevMobAds/RevMobAds.h> #import <StoreKit/StoreKit.h> @implementation txmx4_appDelegate @synthesize uiIsVisible, window, refreshingView, globalBackgroundView, spinner, configurationFileName, saveAsFileName, modifiedFileName; @synthesize configData, rootApp, downloader, showDebugInfo, isDataValid, audioPlayer; @synthesize soundEffectNames, soundEffectPlayers, allowedInputCharacters, receivedData; /* didFinishLaunchingWithOptions this method fires when the application first launches. This is different than when it becomes the active application in a multi-tasking environment */ -(BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions{ [RevMobAds startSessionWithAppID:@"50ea382446cf5f0e00000022"]; //set the configuration file name configurationFileName = @"BT_config.txt"; //show debug in output window? showDebugInfo = TRUE; //init the allowed input characters string. ONLY these characters will be allowed in input fields. allowedInputCharacters = @"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789_-.@!$"; /* Debugging Output --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Set showDebugInfo to TRUE to print details to the console. To see the console, choose Run > Show Console while the simulator or a connected device is running. Nearly every method has output to show you details about how the program is executing. It looks like lots of data (it is), but it's very useful for understanding how the application is behaving. */ /* Application Configuration File / Data --------------------------------------------------------------------------- One file holds all the configuration data associated with the application. This file must exist in the applications bundle (drag it into Xcode if it's not already there). This file is normally named BT_config.txt and can be read / edited with a normal text editor. If this configuration data uses a dataURL, a remote server will be polled for content changes. Changes will be downloaded and saved locally. Once this happens, the BT_config.txt file is no longer used and instead the application refers to it's newly downloaded and cached data. In other words, if a dataURL is used then the configuration file in the Xcode project is only referenced so it can find the buzztouchAppId, buzztouchAPIKey, and dataURL. After that, it uses the data that was saved from the URL. If no dataURL is provided, the file in the bundle will be read and parsed everytime the app is started. */ /* TURN OFF ZOMBIES BEFORE RELEASING THIS APPLICATION! If you're unsure what "debugging zombies" are, ignore this. If you do, be sure to turn them off before releasing this application. The NSLog message below prints a reminder to the output console if you have left Zombies on. You're using the output console, right? */ if(getenv("NSZombieEnabled") || getenv("NSAutoreleaseFreedObjectCheckEnabled")){ NSString *message = @""; message = [message stringByAppendingString:@"\n#####################################################################################################################"]; message = [message stringByAppendingString:@"\nZOMBIES ENABLED, TURN THIS OFF BEFORE RELEASING THIS APPLICATION!"]; message = [message stringByAppendingString:@"\nDo this with Product > Edit Scheme menu. Remove NSZombieEnabled = YES"]; message = [message stringByAppendingString:@"\n#####################################################################################################################\n\n"]; NSLog(@"%@", message); } //initialize a temporary buzztouch app to assign to the rootApp property BT_application *tmpApp = [[BT_application alloc] init]; //initialize a temporary window to assign to the window property UIWindow *tmpWindow = [[UIWindow alloc] initWithFrame:[[UIScreen mainScreen] bounds]]; self.window = tmpWindow; [tmpWindow release]; if(!tmpApp){ //show error message UIAlertView *alertView = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:NSLocalizedString(@"errorTitle",@"~ Error ~") message:NSLocalizedString(@"appInitError", @"There was a problem initializing the application.") delegate:self cancelButtonTitle:NSLocalizedString(@"ok", "OK") otherButtonTitles:nil]; [alertView show]; [alertView release]; }else{ //assign the local app property self.rootApp = tmpApp; [tmpApp release]; //make the window active [self.window makeKeyAndVisible]; //init audio player in background thread. Do this before building the interface in case home-screen has audio. [NSThread detachNewThreadSelector: @selector(initAudioPlayer) toTarget:self withObject:nil]; //load sound effect players in background thread. Do this before building the interface is case home-screen uses sound effects. [NSThread detachNewThreadSelector: @selector(loadSoundEffects) toTarget:self withObject:nil]; //load the applications data [self loadAppData]; } //tmpApp //return return TRUE; } /* loadAppData method, where is the app's configuration data? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- a) If a cached version of the app's configuration data is available, use that (then check for updates) b) If no cached version is available, use the data in the bundle (then check for updates) c) If no cached version is available, and no dataURL is provided in the bundle config file, use the bundle config data. */ -(void)loadAppData{ [BT_debugger showIt:self:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"refreshAppData%@", @""]]; //set the saveAsFileName and the modified file name (only used if configuration data is pulled from a remote server self.saveAsFileName = @"cachedAppConfig.txt"; self.modifiedFileName = @"appModified.txt"; self.configData = @""; //get the name of the configuration file NSString *bundleFileName = [self configurationFileName]; if([bundleFileName length] < 4){ [BT_debugger showIt:self:@"There is no config.txt file configured in txmx4_appDelegate.m?"]; bundleFileName = @"thereIsNoFileName.txt"; }

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.