Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 18    Views: 227

sgaire
I hate code!
Reg: Nov 12, 2012
Dallas
01/29/13 09:38 AM (11 years ago)

Call from David Brook

Very disappointed with BT. I have been registered at BT for a while and saw an offer recently to create unlimited apps with private branding on self hosted. I decided to give it a try and purchase the membership! I asked to raise the API call and even offered to pay extra. Then i asked questions about private branding... ( Thats the point of selfhosted panel ... ) I received a call from David, ( head of the company ) that they don't want to be hassled and the best solution would be to remove my account! So they got rid of my membership. ( awesome way to handle customers eh? ) I can see BT going a long way with such management. (in a sarcastic tone ) Will definitely tell my friends to stay away from this company. EDIT: I used to be a BT member.. They removed my membership, so you won't see the members icon beside my name. Thank you.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
01/29/13 09:43 AM (11 years ago)
That's a bit unfair. Buzztouch is almost my home. Buzztouch has got a fantastic community that has made new friends for me and such. Maybe app development isnt for you, but at least you could have a bit respect. We're always happy to help you out and I will even try to help you get Self-Hosted running if you wish. Dont judge a book by its cover.

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 30, 2011
Colorado
01/29/13 09:47 AM (11 years ago)
I think your barking up the wrong tree. David has been amazing to the BT community.I am sorry to hear things didn't work out with you, but judging by you remarks David probably made a smart decision to part ways( if he did make these statements). Sounds like you have a misunderstanding of what BT is about.

sgaire
I hate code!
Dallas
01/29/13 09:47 AM (11 years ago)
I already have logicxy.com/appbuilder/ set up working.... I asked for 1. More API calls 2. More help on branding... BT's solution? = hassle so lets remove his account.. That seems fair to you? I am a paying customer.. I deserve some respect, Don't you think?

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Colorado
01/29/13 09:50 AM (11 years ago)
Respect is earned. The other 175,000 members need attention too. Why should they drop everything to help you in your personal branding?

sgaire
I hate code!
Dallas
01/29/13 09:52 AM (11 years ago)
@Annandale Apps, App development isn't for me? you should check how many iphone apps and android apps there are in market under my name. lol now you don't judge a book by it's cover. I wanted a SOLUTION for my clients to create their OWN app THEM SELF.. isn't that the point of having self hosted BT? What was my mistake? 1. asking for more api calls and agreed to pay more? or 2. asking help on forum with branding? you tell me. I don't want lower myself by arguing with ya'll. No hard feelings. Take care ya'll -sgaire

sgaire
I hate code!
Dallas
01/29/13 09:53 AM (11 years ago)
@outbreak... I think you are misunderstanding.. Someone did help me with branding.. I wanted MORE API calls and talked with steve and david about it. Enough of arguing. bye

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Oxford
01/29/13 09:55 AM (11 years ago)
The fact is, you're not a member of the buzztouch. You're a guest user. Because of this, you will not be able to have a self-hosted platform with personal branding. In January, David (who is the best guy we all know) changed Buzztouch to a member or guest system. Only members get Self-Hosting, but the cost now is considerbly less than thenold prices.

sgaire
I hate code!
Dallas
01/29/13 09:57 AM (11 years ago)
@Annadale, YOU NEED TO READ COMMENTS CAREFULLY! They removed my account, I was a member for 2 days. REFUND CONFIRMATION Order Information Merchant: buzztouch Description: buzztouch annual Membership Invoice Number: 0B4EA6EB7F3CFCAF8XXXXXX Customer ID: 737B15776361C552XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

sgaire
I hate code!
Dallas
01/29/13 10:00 AM (11 years ago)
They decided that refunding was a better thing to do than handle the matter professionally. You need to read comments properly before saying anything.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
01/29/13 10:00 AM (11 years ago)
Hi gang: It would be easy to remove this post. It's not necessary and in our spirit of transparency I figured I would respond. @sgair: buzztouch.com isn't a good solution for everyone and occasionally we need to make difficult decisions like this one - we're not interested in helping you so rather than debate, argue, read your demanding emails, forum posts, and childish remarks ("false advertising") I decided it was better for us, our community, and you to find a different service to take advantage of. Refunding your money (a whopping fifty bucks) and moving on is best for everyone. It's obvious that you don't understand what we do, who we do it for, and what we promise so why bother? Note: The idea that you would literally post in the same topic (you created yesterday) that "they don't respond" and "we are working this out" is troubling but makes it painfully obvious that you have a chip on your shoulder. It's even more obvious when I read your remarks here, see your whining and groaning to other members, etc, etc. Kindly stop posting here, there is no sense it in and it won't accomplish anything other than dragging this out longer than necessary. All more reasons we're satisfied with our decision.

Outbreak
buzztouch Evangelist
Colorado
01/29/13 10:07 AM (11 years ago)
Well said. I would rather spend time on the forum helping people than arguing with someone who does not appreciate what they do have.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Oxford
01/29/13 10:10 AM (11 years ago)
I think manners is something you earn respect from. The fact you blame me for not reading notes, which are inputted after I have said what I said, is trying to take advantage of someone. To be honest, the we dont want spam like this cluttering up our forums. We help, not spam. The work I have done with Buzztouch and the meetups I have organised for Buzztouch have been an excellent experience for me. A shame you cant see the light. I know that Buzztouch is helping people, not taking the mick out of them. It's the very few users who take the mick out of Buzztouch.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
01/29/13 10:11 AM (11 years ago)
sgaire... Buzztouch is probably the best platform for non coders and coders alike to quickly and easily build apps. The level of service and dedication from David Book, the creator of Buzztouch, is greater than I have ever seen from any person, business or entity in my 47 years of existence. As Annandale Apps says, it appears that you're not even a member. it also appears that you haven't even checked out Buzztouch U. It doesnt even look like you have participated much in the forum. I dont know you but it could come across to an outsider that you may be a spokesperson for a competing app building site trying to discredit Buzztouch. Where else is it this easy for a person with absolutely no coding experience to actually build apps and have them published in a few months. i have tried a few other sites and they dont even come close to Buzztouch and the Buzztouch community. Maybe, because as you state above that you are an experienced app builder and coder, you could build a platform where you can get exactly what you are looking for. No disrespect sgaire, but I dont think that you fully understand what Buzztouch is. Good luck with what you are looking for.

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
01/29/13 11:24 AM (11 years ago)
You know how sometimes you go on a blind date and it just doesn't work out? Sounds like you at least got a call back tho....

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
01/29/13 11:25 AM (11 years ago)
Sgaire, just take a simple look at the facts here: hundreds of thousands of people have registered with Buzztouch....since I began posting in the forums in October of 2011, this is the first anti-Buzztouch/unsatisfied customer thread I have ever seen. Clearly, going by that fact alone, the problem is not with Buzztouch but with you By the way, I think it's awesome that you made this thread - you set out to defame David Book, and at the end of the day we all think he's an even cooler person because he didn't delete your thread and took the time to respond and explain

Korkut Ata
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 09, 2011
Luxembourg
01/29/13 01:38 PM (11 years ago)
This shows that the BT community is on the right way ahead. I am sure the management will have such provocations from time to time. Not to worry and waste time. We are a very good community feeling at home as soon as I start the site. Thanks David and his team...

Mr stuck
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
Fife, Scotland
01/29/13 03:00 PM (11 years ago)
To be honest David Book and the team have no obligation to help anyone but they do!. I have never come across anyone who backs their product as much as he does. I am astounded at the amount time and effort they put in to assist members and I don't know how they find the time. He has even offered assistance to me directly when he does not have to. So keep up the good work David and the team.

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
01/30/13 09:06 AM (11 years ago)
I have been using the BT platform for years now and there are only a handful of companies with customer service as good as Buzztouch. They work around the clock to keep their customers satisfied. David: Thanks for all you do for us.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.