Discussion Forums  >  Images, Documents, File Locations

Replies: 2    Views: 86

girish
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 13, 2013
Gurgaon
06/23/13 12:21 PM (11 years ago)

images showing on the iphone simulator but not on my iphone

Hey, has anybody had this problem. I have some icons i'm using in the menu buttons plugin. When i compile for the onboard simulator for iphone it shows fine and the debugger says "file does exist in Xcode bundle" , but when I try compiling for my device (iphone 4) the device plays the app but some of the icons are missing and the debugger says, "file does not exist in xcode bundle" What could be causing this? Girish.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
06/23/13 01:34 PM (11 years ago)
Have you tried deleting the app from phone, clean and build? If not, try adding the icons back into images folder, does it say already exists?

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
06/23/13 03:11 PM (11 years ago)
Another cause of this phenomenon is when you use icons in a new app that you've used in a previous app (lets say a home.png icon or something). And if you compile on the simulator, but forget to include the files in your new project, they may still show up. I'm assuming you've already checked your xcode project to make sure the files are already there, and named correctly, but I offer the above just in case.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.