Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 4    Views: 102

JKing42
Apple Fan
Reg: Jul 27, 2012
Newbury Park Ca...
12/31/12 03:51 PM (11 years ago)

Need help with the at53 Video Plugin

I have the video plugin and if I use my dropbox URL, the video plays fine. It is apprx 36 mb. I compressed that down from about 68mb as the original. However, I wanted to make it run faster by embedding it in my app. I will not need to change the video after it works. I have copied it to my Xcode BT_Art folder < for that organization thing > and then imported it into the BT_Art folder in Xcode. I then tried to "select" the video and upload it and that never completes. The window simple goes black after a bit and then nothing. I have tried to simple type the file name into the video box and save, still nothing. It know what I am doing, when I test it in the app, the Debug messages tell me the file is not in the xcode bundle. Can someone guide me here. I am a newbie and this is a surprise gift for my wife. Thanks

JKing42
Apple Fan
Reg: Jul 27, 2012
Newbury Park Ca...
12/31/12 03:59 PM (11 years ago)
OK, never mind. I found another thread here that was the exact same problem. They suggested using the "Add files to" method instead of drag n drop. The same window popped up, but this time it worked fine. This forum is great and thanks for all the assistance to a newbie

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
12/31/12 04:09 PM (11 years ago)
Nice one buddy! Love seeing the poster post the answer! All the best with it.

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
12/31/12 05:34 PM (11 years ago)
Hi JKing42, is 36mb the smallest acceptable size for your video? with it embedded your app download will take a while and on cellular may be too big to download without wifi. I have had great results using x264 encoder to export compressed video from iMovie in much smaller file size. Another trick is to cut down on the audio quality of the video if you haven't tried that yet. Cuts file size down immensely without noticeable audio quality dropping. let me know if you would like some help with this:) ian

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
01/02/13 08:26 AM (11 years ago)
Glad to hear you got this working. You definately want to copy the file into your project. Drag/Drop or Add Files To - they both work, you just need to make sure you have that COPY box checked so the video is bundled with your project. I usually use the BT_Video folder, but it doesn;t matter where as long as it's in the bundle. Keep in mind that iOS apps 50MB and larger have to be downloaded over wifi. Enjoy the plug-in :) I buy my wife cool photography apps myself. .99 a pop is a lot cheaper than most of the stuff she wants!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.