Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 1    Views: 102

signals23
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 17, 2012
Cleveland
11/29/12 01:35 PM (11 years ago)

iOS RSS feed - streaming audio

Mobile OS: iOS Comp OS: Windows 7 Platform: Buzztouch 1.5 Status: In Appstore, I'm currently working on updates Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/bay-pres/id521376981?mt=8 I was wondering if someone could help figure out how to stream my RSS audio file, rather than waiting for the whole thing to download. I modified BT_screen_rssReader.m so it would play the audio in my app, rather than opening the default iOS media player outside of my app. The main reason for this was so people could continue browsing in my app while listening to the audio file. I modified this line to do so (yes, the forum strips the quotes, etc.): [BT_strings getJsonPropertyValue:self.screenData.jsonVars:@"rssItemAudioFileURL":theRssItem.linkURL], @"audioFileURL", This effectively loads a webpage with the BT_audioPlayer.m overlay player that is usually launched when pressing the play button in the title bar. People can minimize and maximize this player while looking at the rest of the app. This works great. My only issue is that I can't figure out how to stream the audio in to the player. With 40 minute sermons being loaded, it takes a long time and I would like the sermon to start playing right away, rather than waiting for the 100% load. Does anyone want to take a stab at this? I can share the files if someone has an idea of how to do this. I tried messing with "prepareToPlay" and whether or not caching has a role in this, among many other things, but can't figure it out. Thanks for reading and for any help you can offer.

signals23
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 17, 2012
Cleveland
12/13/12 08:23 PM (11 years ago)
Well, minor update on this. AVAudioPlayer cannot be used to stream audio from the web, but AVPlayer can. I'm just having trouble figuring out how to make it work.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.