Discussion Forums  >  Buzztouch News and Announcements

Replies: 12    Views: 260

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
10/25/13 04:47 PM (10 years ago)

3 years and what have we got?

This post is best read if you read the paragraphs in a random order, may make more sense that way. "It's Funny You Know" or "A Few Things I'd Like To Say" I was working on a few much needed updates and a new app and looked at my public profile to make sure I was still alive. Turns out it's 3 years today since I signed up at BT and yes I am still alive. 3 yrs. Badge please David! Crazy. Still remember the first time I got an email back from Book. Was pretty chuffed that this - at the time - stranger with a cool toy took the time out to chat, help and share his shiny toy. That Book is now my good friend David, cheers bro! Top of the Pops. Someone pointed out to me that I should look in the top 25 and see that the good, smart, funny, gent and scholar @smugwimp has traded places with me in the number 2 slot behind the omnipresent Mark. Nice one buddy! You are one of my BT all stars and always enjoy your posts. It's a gift to fill coding help with wit and friendliness on such a consistent level. Arise Sir Smug. Seriously though mate, glad to call you friend. 2010 AD Buzztouch 1.5 was in the post for iOS and 1.4 was rocking the Android world, @IanJamesPiano appeared with his effortless charm and all was well with the world. Back in the day there weren't as many folk kicking around, For a couple of months it felt like a race to answer posts before David chimed in and fixed our woes. Not so now, so many good girls and boys out there it would take at least 4 rolls of bog roll to name them all. @PSMDanny and the bold @MrDavid you guys remember the old skool days? @MrDavid - Sure I signed up some app packages for you for the JB market back when we was kids, yeah? Good times you crazy kat. Anyway.... I dropped a 1.4 app on some old Android thing and whacked my jailbroken 3gs with a dodgy spoofed cert and a sweet lil 1.5 and voila! I had apps running on 2 platforms. $3mill later and I'm still here. @Raveyd is another gem, he's here. Mark, MadRod, Raveyd, Smug, mysps, MGoBlue, Alex, ATRAIN, Niraj, Jake, Thomas, Absentia, RedDog, Nad, MrStuck, Mack, Kittsy, Dragon, David, Stephen, Stefan (where are you?), Shak, Rad and all the rest, happy bleedin' Friday and here's to a brighter future with you folks in it. Special big hug to @TrishDever for being the coolest lass there is. 3 yrs on. The future is bright as you all know. Celtic are top of the league, Arsenal are on a run and Subaru and snow fun are right around the corner. Buzztouch is also looking brighter than ever. New cool folk, new cool toys and tweaks and talented devs joining the forums and lifting us all. Happy days indeed. If you haven't seen what David has in his back pocket just now, well, you'll see. Takes a genius to bring smart folks together and takes a genius behind the genius, right Stephen? Let us not get our geniuses in a twist though. Sod off to bed. Anyway, cheers to everyone on here for the fun filled evenings and enlightening mobile insights from around the globe. My world is a better place with you'll in in and it's been a proper good 3 years, innit? There are other families but if Carlsberg did forums....... Vegas baby! Happy autumn everyone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zRe_wvJw8 MacApple 4 more years. Ps Here are two articles I bookmarked this month, worth 5 mins. http://www.citeworld.com/development/22538/google-ios-baas http://techpinions.com/its-tough-competing-with-the-iphone/23835 Pps The $3 mill was a joke of course, please do not send me requests for money and to help bury your dead second aunt in Boston who lost her pacemaker in a poker game. Cool? Cool. We finished? We finished.

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
10/25/13 06:13 PM (10 years ago)
Oh MacApple! Have the best Buzztouch Birthday Ever! You deserve a badge and then some! My first welcome to Buzztouch was from you! I miss the 1.4 to 1.5 days with the snarky comments and drunken ramblings! Oh how I miss the days of you not beating around the bush to get people to speak up and show their true colors.... it's such a terrible waste of good entertainment when you got all bigshot on us! Even with all the silly ramblings you can never hide the fact on how wonderfully generous and warm hearted you are! I have a bookmark full of all the advice and tips you find and share with us! Can not wait to meet you and your lovely lady in person. Vegas will never be the same! Thanks again for all you have done ! Cheers to you! Sheri

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/25/13 06:24 PM (10 years ago)
I would never ask you for money until after you made $15 million. That's a promise. My spot as #2 only goes to show how far you can go if you don't shut up. Maybe I should have been a politician, except In 'real life' I'm not such a nice guy. Hmm. Maybe I should have been a politician. I'm going to do my level best to meet everyone in Vegas, but if I don't make it, put $5 on red and buy yourself a drink on me with the winnings. Cheers! -- Smug The reality of it is, I'm having the time of my life, with one of the best groups of geeks I've known. And I've known quite a number of geeks. I'm happy to be counted among you.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
10/25/13 09:10 PM (10 years ago)
Super good post, Keith! It's been great getting to know you online, and even more amazing to meet you and Trish in person! Can't wait to see you both again in LV! I'm totally on board with Smug's last statement : "The reality of it is, I'm having the time of my life, with one of the best groups of geeks I've known. And I've known quite a number of geeks. I'm happy to be counted among you." This is the best group of geeks (and non geeks) I've ever had the pleasure to get to know, and you, Keith, are among the best! Cheers to you, and I can't wait to see where the next three years take us! Mark

Adam
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 23, 2010
Southern Califo...
10/25/13 09:33 PM (10 years ago)
Great post. I signed up on Oct. 23, 2010. Crazy how time flies. Adam

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
10/25/13 09:59 PM (10 years ago)
Congrats on the milestone, Keith! You can definitely take some credit for the outcome of this community you're so proud to be part of! Please continue to enlighten me on the lingo of the world. I'm guessing "chuffed" is a good thing. And "sod" means something other than grass? Your friend, Chris P.S. It was actually Cambodian pirates that took my grandmother's pacemaker..... and I'm still waiting for your money order to show up.

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
10/26/13 04:41 AM (10 years ago)

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
10/26/13 05:16 AM (10 years ago)
Congratulations Keith! You're a star on the forums and it's really nice to have you around. It's surprising to see that people stick around this long! I'm struggling to get two years under my belt.

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
10/26/13 07:44 AM (10 years ago)
You are the best. The elder statesman around here. We still have some drinking to do next midwest event!

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
10/26/13 01:16 PM (10 years ago)
Here Ye - Here Ye: you rock! Thanks from me & everyone else you've helped on getting projects to come together. Here's to many more years helping out the BT Community Mr. Keith! Cheers!

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
10/26/13 01:40 PM (10 years ago)
Congrats on the milestone, you're a full year ahead of me! An entertaining read as always

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
10/26/13 07:41 PM (10 years ago)
Yes! It's been great... even more so with you around. I can't wait to meetup with you finally and thank you for all of your witty posts and support. You can't imagine how much you've helped me with them. Super congratulations on the three years, you definitely need a badge. :-) To another three hundred years! David

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
10/29/13 11:04 PM (10 years ago)
It's nice to write to some of my closest friends. Literally. The best part about this post, excep the awesome post itself...is the idea that I've met LOTS of people on this thread personally. Meetings I cherish a great deal. It goes without saying that Mr. Keith is one of the nicest, smartest, funniest, and helpful people I know. Really. Dude's legit. I too remember sitting up all night racing some of you to posts. I miss those days a great deal. My two most favorite things to do, in order, are...1) Meeting people in our community face to face. 2) Helping people in our community on this forum. Hanging out, writing code, discovering together, getting frustrated togeether, celebrating another "approval" together. Who would have thunk that it would turn into such an important part of our daily existence. Seems weird. It's awesome. It's no secret that I've been slowly (or quickly, depending on your perspective) less and less visible in the forums. I wish that this wasn't the case. And, I genuinely hope I can get back to the gang in a more consistent and meaningful way very soon. Mr. Keith alluded to some secrets I have in my back pocket and I can't wait to show them to you. The trouble with this beast is the idea that it now takes so much more effort on so many more people to keep it all going that it's taken me away from what I enjoyed the most - HELPING. I will get to help again and trust that the things I'm working on will help a greater number of people than my one at a time forum posts. If my suspiciouns are right, our secret project, when released, will free my up to join your guys again. Mr. Keith...thanks so much for helping us reflect on the most exciting few years in my life. To everyone, thanks for being a part of it, it's more meaningful than you may realize. Until I'm out from under the mountain of work....cheers... D.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.