Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 7    Views: 103

Abir Studios
Lost but trying
Reg: Apr 20, 2011
SLC, Utah
02/08/13 04:35 PM (11 years ago)

Best way to implement?

I know apple doesn't approve apps if it just uses html so I was wondering whats the best way to implement the following codes: http://cl.ly/MlHe http://cl.ly/Mm4m http://cl.ly/Mluk Each code will be a tab if possible.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
02/08/13 05:17 PM (11 years ago)
Hard to know from your screenshots what the tabs are supposed to do. I'm guessing they stream music from some online radio station or something? At any rate, your best bet would be to have some native elements in the app. For instance, if this is for a company, you could have a "contact info" page on the app that has a map, a "call us" link, an "email us" link, etc.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/08/13 05:17 PM (11 years ago)
So you are building a radio app, is that correct?

Abir Studios
Lost but trying
SLC, Utah
02/08/13 05:28 PM (11 years ago)
Yes I am building a radio app. One tab would have the streaming which I still haven't figured out. The second tab would use the first link which just shows the currently playing song. The third tab would should the recently played song using the second link. The fourth tab would a request form using the third link. Ideally I would like the first link to be with the player and the third link isn't necessary

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
02/08/13 05:31 PM (11 years ago)
OK, you'll have to add a lot more to the app than just links to streaming radio tabs if you want Apple to say, 'yip, we'll take that one in'. Mentioned this in another thread half hour or so ago, relates to a Car Club App but the same principles apply. Swap cars for radio and music and you'll get the idea. Let us know if you have any questions buddy! -------- Well now.... That all depends on what you put in the app. Apple want you to make the app interact with the hardware, shake to discover, user generated galleries and that type of thing. If you just build and app with flat HTML with upcoming meets chances are the gates will remain closed. If you add things like a quiz for identify the car bumper (fender to my American friends), user gallery for members to upload photos of their cars/mods etc, make the design slick and compelling and not just something that could be done on a website you have a far better chance. Loads of other things you can do but if they see web app they'll say no. Spend some time thinking of cool features that make the app fun and interactive and you'll get it in. Maybe things like: 1. Identify this car engine - multiple short mp3 files. 2. Quiz - Identify the car from a small section / picture 3. Upload - Users upload their car photos and mods. You get the idea? Yes I hear you say! Well get planning and building. ----------------------

Abir Studios
Lost but trying
SLC, Utah
02/08/13 05:37 PM (11 years ago)
@MacApple do you mind if I PM to throw some ideas or discuss exactly what I'm trying to do?

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
02/08/13 05:39 PM (11 years ago)
I'll answer here if you are cool with it. You can email me if you like. Drop me a DM (I never mind!) and we'll exchange email. I always prefer the forum though so others than chip in. Your call buddy.

Abir Studios
Lost but trying
SLC, Utah
02/08/13 09:23 PM (11 years ago)
So after reading your comment I decided that I should combine the two apps that I was working on. I was working on an app for a magazine and also a radio. My idea to combine both would be the first tab would be a welcome screen. The second would be the magazine sections in RSS. The third tab would be the radio streaming. The fourth tab would be a media tab which would include a gallery, user photo upload, wallpaper download and featured artist music so they can preview it. I don't know if with buzztouch you can add user comments to the pictures or not but thats something I would like too. Would this concept work better for getting approved or is it too simple and will get denied?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.