Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 4    Views: 104

rwh
Apple Fan
Reg: Feb 27, 2013
Miami
03/20/13 02:38 PM (11 years ago)

Local Storage

Hello! I have been searching for the HTML/5 code for local storage. So that when users type notes while using my app, the info they type saves each & every time. I have the "notepad" plug-in, but that does not allow me to type or customize the page before allowing the user to type their notes. I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

denikov
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 26, 2011
Reno Nevada
03/20/13 04:13 PM (11 years ago)
I was just struggling with this, trying to implement it for Logins until, I think, I figured out a better way. Either way, I haven't tested it yet. Try this article, I stumbled upon it when doing research: http://graphicpush.com/using-localstorage-api-as-a-light-database I was able to save Login data in my browser and populate the values in the input boxes when the page loads again. That's about as far as I got.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/20/13 04:31 PM (11 years ago)
Gonna follow this thread because it's indeed a challenge! It seems to work differently in Android vs. iOS, and it's ultimately why we went with native code to accomplish the Notepad plugin. You should be able to change the interface a bit directly through the code, but it'll require some playing around. Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/20/13 04:44 PM (11 years ago)
There is a bit of it here... http://diveintohtml5.info/storage.html But I'd look at finding a longer term view of storage on the device, and gather the resources you're going to need to store locally using 'native' methods... Cheers! -- Smug

LevensGardener
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 30, 2012
Kendal
03/20/13 11:35 PM (11 years ago)
I have used the notepad plugin with a background image at the bottom (neatly concealed by the keyboard when entering text.) I have also got it set to pop up an alert when you open it, to display my message- in my case "Edit to add notes" "Remember to save" - but it could be anything. I have also changed the background colour, text colour and the right button text. Chris

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.