Discussion Forums  >  Crashes, Memory Warnings

Replies: 7    Views: 758

Zoid66
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 26, 2010
USA
10/29/10 05:02 AM (13 years ago)

Data Crash:

If you are using the mobile link - and the page is loading, when you rotate the device the app crashes. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Let me know if you want me to post the Stack trace

Zoid66
Lost but trying
USA
10/29/10 07:45 AM (13 years ago)
HERE is the stack trace: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: View not attached to window manager at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.findViewLocked(WindowManagerImpl.java:391) at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.removeView(WindowManagerImpl.java:236) at android.view.Window$LocalWindowManager.removeView(Window.java:432) at android.app.Dialog.dismissDialog(Dialog.java:278) at android.app.Dialog.access$000(Dialog.java:71) at android.app.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:111) at android.app.Dialog.dismiss(Dialog.java:268) at com.v1_4.BDE7744DB5B575A6.com.Act_ActivityBase.hideProgress(Act_ActivityBase.java:84) at com.v1_4.BDE7744DB5B575A6.com.Screen_CustomURL$3.onPageFinished(Screen_CustomURL.java:113) at android.webkit.CallbackProxy.handleMessage(CallbackProxy.java:281) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:144) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4937) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626) at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
10/29/10 08:55 AM (13 years ago)
Good post. Looking into this this morning... I'll report back in a few hours after I figure out what the issue is: What type of device is this? Motorola Droid, Droid X, Samsung, send the make / model.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
10/29/10 09:24 AM (13 years ago)
Also, in your Android Market portal, how many Crash reports or Error reports are posted? This could help tons. I already see what the problem is related to (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2745061/java-lang-illegalargumentexception-view-not-attached-to-window-manager) but have not worked out a solution yet.

Zoid66
Lost but trying
USA
10/29/10 10:17 AM (13 years ago)
Here are the Crash reports form the Android market portal: As to answer your question on Device. I have a Droid X by Motorola and I can get this to reproduce almost every time. NewIllegalArgumentException in WindowManagerImpl.findViewLocked()16reports 16 reports/week 58% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NewNullPointerException in Screen_CustomURL.onCreate()2reports 2 reports/week 7% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NewNullPointerException in WebView.onWindowFocusChanged()1reports Stack Message on the other 2 errors:Exception class java.lang.NullPointerException -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source method Screen_CustomURL.onCreate() -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.v1_4.BDE7744DB5B575A6.com/com.v1_4.BDE7744DB5B575A6.com.Screen_CustomURL}: java.lang.NullPointerException at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2787) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2803) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2300(ActivityThread.java:135) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2136) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:144) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4937) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626) at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.v1_4.BDE7744DB5B575A6.com.Screen_CustomURL.onCreate(Screen_CustomURL.java:57) at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1069) at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2751) ... 11 more -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and Exception class java.lang.NullPointerException -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source method WebView.onWindowFocusChanged() -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- v2.0Oct 27, 2010 12:56:08 AM1 reports/week 3%1reports -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- java.lang.NullPointerException at android.webkit.WebView.onWindowFocusChanged(WebView.java:4177) at android.view.View.dispatchWindowFocusChanged(View.java:3788) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchWindowFocusChanged(ViewGroup.java:658) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchWindowFocusChanged(ViewGroup.java:662) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchWindowFocusChanged(ViewGroup.java:662) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchWindowFocusChanged(ViewGroup.java:662) at android.view.ViewRoot.handleMessage(ViewRoot.java:1921) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626) at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
10/29/10 11:51 AM (13 years ago)
Wonderful info, you're efforts are going to end up helping lots of folks - and us. More than 10,000 views in a a few days, and 8 or so crash reports - not too shabby! But, we'll need to get this to zero. I too can duplicate the problem on a Droid X and I've already worked out a solution. However, it takes us a bit of time to implement the changes in the buzztouch control panel so the download to your source-code is up to date. Here's the plan: 1) We finalize the code fixes 2) We update our production server to reflect these changes so source-code downloads reflect the changes 3) You download the updated project, re-compile 4) You submit an update in the Android Market. WHEN YOU SUBMIT THE UPDATE to the Android market you will need to change the version number in your AndroidManifest.xml file. Example: Version 1.4 could go to 1.4.1 or whatever you choose. I'll comment when we have the production server ready so you can download the updates. Thanks again - we love this stuff!

Zoid66
Lost but trying
USA
10/29/10 12:37 PM (13 years ago)
More to come On my end....

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
10/30/10 12:08 AM (13 years ago)
Ok, newly updated code has been implemented on the production server. This means you should donwload the Android project and re-build it then re-submit it to the Android Market. You should probably test it on your device before uploading it. I can NO LONGER get it to crash while rotating ;-). FYI: The source code changes are in four files, all screens that Rotate and use a Progress Indicator (the Progress Indicator was the issue): Screen_CustomURL Screen_CustomText Screen_CustomHTML and AndroidManifest.xml If it tests OK, and you update it in Android Market - keep an eye on the Crash / Error reports, they are useful.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.