Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 3    Views: 89

magister
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 16, 2012
firenze
03/12/12 03:52 PM (12 years ago)

'theBarButtonItem'

I read David's last year suggestions on how to change the top right button item, posted here http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=46CF05CFB05831FA01D5A29 but I could not find the 'BT_layout.m' file he refers to. Does anybody know where to look to change the system icon?

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
03/12/12 04:02 PM (12 years ago)
System icons are not changeable. You may or may not already understand this. Instead, your looking to replace the system item with an image. The BT_Layout folder has several files. The BT_viewUtilities.m file is what you're looking for in that folder. Look for the methods that create the navigation bar. Without looking, I think it's called configureBackgroundAndNavBar() That method build the nav bar and background for every screen. Take a few moments to try to understand how it's working, you'll want to pay special attention to the way it first looks for the type of "rightButtonType" set in your control panel, then uses that value to determine which system item (ios button) to show for right button. You can SO do this.

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
03/12/12 04:02 PM (12 years ago)
Are you trying to change the icon that is about 20 pixels by 20 pixels in the top right corner?

magister
I hate code!
Reg: Feb 16, 2012
firenze
03/12/12 04:16 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks very much David for taking the time to answer. I will look carefully at the part of the code you mention. Regards. Diego

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.