Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 3    Views: 128

basement
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 07, 2011
Ontario
04/12/12 08:51 PM (12 years ago)

changing button function to appoxee inbox link (iOS)

i need to change a button's function in my bottom tab. i think its here that i need to change the code(bt_config.txt) {"itemId":"729F6CF0215DDF7E2DFFB96", "itemType":"BT_tab", "textLabel":"Specials", "iconName":"tags.png", "soundEffectFileName":"tink.mp3", "homeScreenItemId":"65DB96951DBCA27C750CC6F"} but i might be completely wrong :-) here's what i need the button to do: [[AppoxeeManager sharedManager] show]; so the button will, in effect, be the appoxee inbox link. i don't know if this will show badges when there are new messages or not, but that our be really cool....any one know how?

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
04/12/12 08:55 PM (12 years ago)
I'm not familiar specifically with appoxee, but I'd assume that you'll probably need to create a custom plugin screen, and create a custom class to call.

basement
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 07, 2011
Ontario
04/12/12 09:05 PM (12 years ago)
Appoxee said all I needed to do is: "to open the Appoxee inbox from a place other than the button on the top bar. You can add the action of opening Appoxee inbox using this method: [[AppoxeeManager sharedManager] show]; Create any button you want and add this action to it" They won't help me directly without me upgrading to the $100/mo plan :-( (I'm using BT 1.5)

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
04/12/12 09:28 PM (12 years ago)
yeah, it sounds like they want you to call the action from perhaps a UIButton. Again, I'm only assuming, but I think they'd have to give you some files to load into xCode. Then you'll have to use a custom plugin page to display and utilize such a button. Its very doable. But would require a bit of studying outside of BuzzTouch.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.