maverick96
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 22, 2014
Orlando
02/19/15 06:39 PM (9 years ago)

Custom HTML justify text

Anyone know how to justify the text in the Custom HTML plugin? The only choices are left, middle, right. Thanks!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/19/15 08:04 PM (9 years ago)
It's possible you might try 'manually' aligning it. If you view the 'raw' HTML code, you could probably use something similar to this: <p align="justify">Nulla vitae elit libero, a pharetra augue. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor. Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis dapibus posuere velit aliquet.</p> If it's not already in the plugin, don't expect an update. Although I'm no authority, I've heard 'through the grapevine' how much David hates that plugin, lol! It's much more preferred from a 'performance' standpoint to use an external HTML editor and the HTMLDoc plugin. Cheers! -- Smug

maverick96
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 22, 2014
Orlando
02/19/15 08:36 PM (9 years ago)
If I decided to use the HTMLDoc plugin, how would I format the text so that it will all stay within margin of both iPad and iPhone? (no horizontal scrolling) Is this achieved in the html editor? What font would work well for both iPad and iPhone? Thanks!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/20/15 01:21 AM (9 years ago)
There could be a few different ways, I suppose. One thing I do is to create a table, set the table width at 90%, and keep all my content within the table. If you use CSS, there are five million ways to do that, none of which I am familiar with, but it can be done. If you can find a good HTML editor (I miss Homesite terribly) then you can sometimes let it setup your pages for you, and just add content. Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/20/15 11:08 AM (9 years ago)
When I use the custom html/text plugin, I often use an html editor (Kompozer) and just paste the result in that plugin as 'source'. I find that it is easier to test html content offline on my desktop, with a browser.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
02/20/15 01:08 PM (9 years ago)
I agree with Smug, table width is old school that works solidly!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.