Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 40

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/17/15 11:08 AM (9 years ago)

Context Menu Transition Flash (ios)

I've posted about this before, but I thought I'd post again as it seems others have seen this and a fix may be out there. This problem come up when rotating the screen in IOS. If I keep the app in portrait, all is good. But if I rotate my phone after I have used the context menu once , it the menu pops up momentarily on every screen rotation, as (an unwanted) part of the transition. Are there any fixes or suggestions for it out there please?

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
02/19/15 02:53 PM (9 years ago)
Sorry for the long reply solved this bug many years ago lol Go to the app delegate file search for -(void)hideContextMenu in the animation block [UIView animateWithDuration:0.25 animations:^{ self.contextMenu.view.alpha = 1.0; self.contextMenu.view.alpha = 0.0; } completion:^(BOOL finished){ //ignore... }]; remove self.contextMenu.view.alpha = 1.0; Explanation each time the device is rotated hideContextMenu is called. It hides the context menu, makes perfect sense, frames change things look wonky. But as you can see it quickly goes to 1alpha to 0. If the context menu is showing it is fine, but if the alpha is already zero it quickly flashes to 1 and fades to 0 in a quarter of a second. Hope that makes some sense

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/20/15 06:49 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks Kittsy. Perfect. Just perfect.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.