Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 42

Kyle Boyett
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 03, 2015
Waynesville, GA
02/14/15 05:20 PM (9 years ago)

Transparent button issue

Hello, I'm getting further along with my app, and I've come across another road block. I'm using the Menu Button plugin for my home screen, and have .png images for each button. Each image has a transparent background as they are irregularly shaped. When I first run the app, the buttons appear correctly (with transparency). The problem I'm having is if I rotate the device, or click on a button and return to home...the images now have a black background instead of transparent. Where do I begin to fix this? This is for Android and Eclipse. I'm testing on a device not emulator. Thanks, Kyle

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/15/15 09:16 AM (9 years ago)
I haven't used this plugin recently, but I think I once had this problem too. If I recall correctly, when I put the images into the project build it worked better than if I loaded them remotely. Something else I also remember is it helps to optimise the size of the button images. And I used .png's.

Kyle Boyett
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 03, 2015
Waynesville, GA
02/15/15 11:21 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you. I had already moved the files into my project in Eclipse, but was still using a URL in BT control panel. Changed that to the file, and it works perfectly. Thanks again, Kyle

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/15/15 02:11 PM (9 years ago)
You're welcome, glad it worked. Cheers, Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.