Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 8    Views: 62

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
02/15/15 07:56 AM (9 years ago)

Suggestion for Menu image with Header or Advanced menu image with header

I think it would be a neat idea if the appropriate developer spruced up their plugin by adding the ability to add a section header (listed above certain menu items) and a description field (listed below certain menu items). Example can be seen here: http://cdn.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ios-7-do-not-disturb.jpg If looking at the picture, Section header would be where the word "Silence" is listed. and the description can be seen underneath each section. Would also be neat to be allowed to control the spacing between each "section". If the corresponding plugin developer isn't interested in integrating these for everyone else to enjoy, I would be happy to pay you for your time for these options.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
02/15/15 02:44 PM (9 years ago)
Would like that as well! Good idea

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
02/15/15 09:16 PM (9 years ago)
Looking for a suggestion ... How would you implement that in the Control Panel? Currently the Control Panel only allows: - Parent: the Menu List - Children: each row of the Menu List You are asking for: - Grandparent: the Menu List - Parent: A Section Header (and Section Footer) - Children: each row of that Section Using iOS UITableView, it's easy to do Section Headers and Footers in the code. I am puzzled on how to allow for it in the Control Panel. Perhaps I am thinking too hard. Please help me think it differently for the Control Panel. Thanks, -- Niraj

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
02/15/15 09:44 PM (9 years ago)
That shouldn't be too hard to do. I am not sure when I can get to it, though. I made a custom plugin for an app that allowed you to indent a row, like an outline. I made it for iOS and Android. I could get that to market more quickly.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
02/15/15 11:35 PM (9 years ago)
Oh cool Susan! Please share how you did the Control Panel for that indentation ... A short paragraph or screenshot will suffice. -- Niraj

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
02/16/15 09:46 AM (9 years ago)
What I did was change the description field into the indented field, then moved the description field over to the right a bit and up to the center. (This client didn't use description fields.) Then, I made mini icon images by adding transparency to the icon images. It is very easy for any developer to move these fields around for both iOS and Android. I'm afraid I can't post an image as this was a proprietary app. But it did look nice. Big icon images for the major categories and cute little icons for the minor categories. If I made it into a plugin, I would want to do this differently, so users wouldn't have to do the manual fixes I made.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
02/16/15 01:21 PM (9 years ago)
Did you have it like this on the Mobile Device? (ICON) Parent Name 10 --- (icon) Child name 11 --- (icon) Child name 12 --- (icon) Child name 13 (ICON) Parent Name 20 --- (icon) Child name 21 --- (icon) Child name 22 --- (icon) Child name 23 Still puzzled at how that is achieved on Control Panel ... -- Niraj

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
02/16/15 01:33 PM (9 years ago)
I used the description field for the indented rows, and the titleText for the non-indented rows. titleText is blank on the indented rows. The indentation is a change to the iOS and Android code layout for the description field. You can see this needs more work to make it into a plugin, since I just reused fields.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
02/16/15 06:26 PM (9 years ago)
Nice hack! :-) I am still in search of a robust solution for the Control Panel for the Grandparent-Parent-Child scenario I described above. -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.