Coderad
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver
02/10/15 12:28 PM (9 years ago)

Im new to XCODE and every time I run my app, even a new file without any extra code it crashes.

I've had Xcode for a while now and have been trying to build an app from tutorials but any time I run anything it goes black after the default app splash screen and then crashes giving me this error. http://s14.postimg.org/fzlkka2ox/Screen_Shot_2015_02_10_at_11_06_37_AM.png Any and all help appreciated!!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/10/15 12:33 PM (9 years ago)
Hi @Coderad, Welcome to Buzztouch! Can you provide some output from the Debug console at the time that it crashes. I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out from there. Also, just to make sure...all the files in your project download should be in your Xcode project. If memory servers, you'll have to manually drag the BT_Plugins and BT_Images folders into your project. Mark

Coderad
Lost but trying
Vancouver
02/10/15 01:12 PM (9 years ago)
The debug isn't showing anything and a small alert is telling me it disconnects from the app every now and then. I'm trying this on a new app where all I've done is placed a button and still get the same error. Or none at all but it never loads. I also can't find any folders named BT_Plugins or BT_Images, could that be part of the problem? Sorry, very new, just trying to follow Lynda tutorials to learn but he doesn't encounter any of this.

Coderad
Lost but trying
Vancouver
02/10/15 01:28 PM (9 years ago)
Now I'm getting this in the output (lldb) and thats it.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/10/15 01:36 PM (9 years ago)
As soon as I get home (20m) I'll send you some instructions on how to load a BT app in Xcode.

Coderad
Lost but trying
Vancouver
02/10/15 01:53 PM (9 years ago)
Awesome thank you ! It's working hit and miss now, I don't know whats going on. Would upgrading to Yosemite possibly make a difference?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
02/10/15 02:32 PM (9 years ago)
Alrighty...here's how it works: * Download your project package from BT. It should look something like this: yourappname_iOS.zip. When you prepare your package for download, I recommend selecting ALL the plugins you have available, so you don't have to download again later. * Unzip your package. You should have the following directories and files: - BT_Art - BT_Audio - BT_Config - BT_Core - BT_Docs - BT_Images - BT_Layout - BT_Plugins - BT_Video - en.lproj - yourappname - yourappname.xcodeproj - License.txt - README.txt * Double-click on yourappname.xcodeproj. That will load the project in Xcode. * Once it's all loaded, look at the File Manager or Project Manager or whatever it's called...the file icon on the upper-left corner. * Ensure that all the folders that are part of your project download are in your Xcode project. For the ones that aren't, drag them into your project. I think everything except BT_Plugins and BT_Images is loaded into Xcode. You absolutely MUST have BT_Plugins as part of your project for things to work. * If everything is there, then select a simulator device, and hit Run. Let me know if you run into any issues! Mark

Alpha Media Ent LL...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 28, 2011
Phila
03/09/15 07:59 AM (9 years ago)
Hello having problems with the simulator it come up with a caution sign on the iphone image

Alpha Media Ent LL...
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 28, 2011
Phila
03/09/15 09:21 AM (9 years ago)
Hello having problems with the simulator it come up with a caution sign on the iphone image

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.