Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 83

BuzzingSteve
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Vancouver, Cana...
02/06/15 11:10 AM (9 years ago)

Podcast App Sourcecode

Hi Guys. I launched a podcast a couple of weeks ago, and I'd like to create an app for it. I know some of you have already done that, so I was wondering: - is anyone willing to share their Sourcecode for the app, so I don't need to reinvent the wheel and save me time? - I'm willing to pay a little for the code. I just need the code where I can put in my graphics, RSS feed for the podcast, etc. Thanks in advance! Steve

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
02/06/15 11:40 AM (9 years ago)
Hello Steve, Have you checked the Plugins in the BuzzTouch Market? I don't do that stuff, not sure if any of those will work for your needs. Alternatively, for less than $20 there are a few apps for sale on Code Canyon: http://codecanyon.net/search?utf8=✓&term=Podcast&view=list&sort=&date=&category=mobile%2Fios&price_min=&price_max=&sales=&rating_min=&platform= -- Niraj

BuzzingSteve
Aspiring developer
Vancouver, Cana...
02/06/15 12:21 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks Niraj. I looked at some of those and support seems sketchy. I'd rather connect with a fellow Buzztouch developer in case we run into any coding glitch :-) Cheers

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
02/06/15 01:06 PM (9 years ago)
I agree, the CC folks don't provide too much aftercare. How about the plugins in the BuzzTouch market, do any of them get close to meeting your needs? -- Niraj

BuzzingSteve
Aspiring developer
Vancouver, Cana...
02/06/15 02:37 PM (9 years ago)
Not really...bits and pieces could go together...I like the plugin to require users to subscribe via mailChimp first before using the app :-)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/06/15 06:41 PM (9 years ago)
I doubt if I have anything to share, but my "KPRG" app was something I built for our local NPR affiliate station. It's available for free on both iTunes and Play. Not trying to elicit downloads, lol, but take a look at that (and stobes buzzcast app) and see if anything strikes your fancy. I'll be honest; it's fairly sparse, appearance wise. But it's quite efficient and garners about 5 downloads a day between the two stores (which, for our local market is not too shabby). It was made from 100% Buzztouch plugins, with only a slight code modification here and there to clean up some of the behavior I didn't like. What you may want to do is sit down with pen and paper, and list out the features you want (such as mailchimp registration) and then start drawing out what can be done with native BT plugins, and what will take customization. This will go a long way to getting some help, and getting help from the 'right' people. All of us are good; none of us are good at everything. :) You can find my KPRG app under my 'published apps' list within BT. Stobes Buzzcast can be found here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buzzcast/id572561415?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4 Cheers! -- Smug

BuzzingSteve
Aspiring developer
Vancouver, Cana...
02/06/15 11:42 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks Smug. I've seen Stobes Buzzcast app before. Will check out yours too. Cheers

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.