AppOne
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Apr 03, 2012
London
02/08/15 02:52 AM (9 years ago)

Apple Watch Watchkit and Buzztouch

Hi guys, So is anyone interested in extending buzztouch projects with watchkit? Is this something we'll be doing solely in Xcode for a while, or are there plans for it to be worked into the control panel / core BT project? I think there might be an advantage to getting in early with an opportunity like this!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/08/15 08:02 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to download the new beta that has watchkit. I'll play around with it. I agree 'get in fast' is better than get in eventually. Cheers! -- Smug

AppOne
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Apr 03, 2012
London
02/19/15 06:14 PM (9 years ago)
yeah, wondering how much current BT apps can be extended in Xcode, or if it's more complicated -- normally is :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/19/15 08:31 PM (9 years ago)
I upgraded my OS to Yosemite, and am running the new Xcode Beta. But I haven't found time to start playing around with the iWatch stuff yet. Speaking without any experience yet (lol!) I 'suspect' it won't be any worse than the other changes that came along with iOS8. With respect to BT, I'm curious how it will work. If the watch holds an 'iOS app' then I can't see much being different. It just means a lot of opportunity for the Plugin Developers to release iWatch plugins, and perhaps update some of the existing ones to iWatch size screens. That'll be interesting. Maps will be very tiny on those things :) Cheers! -- Smug

ZutraLife
Code is Art
Reg: May 03, 2012
LA
03/11/15 04:27 PM (9 years ago)
I have gone through the documentation somewhat, but am not a guru. It would be amazing to read a step-by-step guide for building the watch version of a current BT app. Will keep toying with it:)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.