Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 54

Bertrand
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
saint-quentin f...
02/09/15 03:59 AM (9 years ago)

Combine 2 applications

Using Buzztouch package, is what it is possible to combine two applications ? such an application buzztouch with a native application xcode ?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/09/15 07:07 AM (9 years ago)
I'm not sure the best way to answer this, so I'll try 'bullet points'. First let me say that a BT Package 'is' a native Xcode application. It's just organized in a certain 'methodology' that allows easy addition/modification of plugins. It's a better way, usually. So... • Integrating Buzztouch into an existing app would be far more trouble than it is worth; Too much going on under the hood that all facets of a BT project require. • Integrating an existing 'native' app into Buzztouch is usually easier. • If the 'native app' uses storyboards, you'll need to: 1) Use the existing storyboard concept, and 'at the point of departure' from Buzztouch into the storyboards, you'll be responsible for all aspects of navigation and and other duties. Still a bit of work, but not as much. Or... 2) Separate the storyboard into individual BT viewcontrollers, and modify those into BT Plugins. • If the existing app uses viewControllers and/or xib files, then you will want/need to: 1) create BT (plugin) viewControllers to control the 'native' viewControllers, Or... 2) convert the native viewControllers into BT Plugins. I prefer to convert the Native viewControllers into a bona fide BT Plugin because you become intimate with the code, and can better understand what's going on... but everyone has their own way of doing things. A number of Plugins on the market use a BT viewController merely as a viewContoller of a native code viewController. This is usually easier than converting to a BT Plugin, but not always a good 'long term' solution. Was there a specific instance you're thinking about, or is this a conceptual question? Cheers! -- Smug

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/09/15 05:51 PM (9 years ago)
@Smug...you are a super Buzztouch ninja! Mark

Bertrand
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
saint-quentin f...
02/11/15 01:24 AM (9 years ago)
ok thank you for the explanation , I will try ;)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.