Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 32

Bertrand
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
saint-quentin f...
02/03/15 03:36 AM (9 years ago)

[Android] Custom URL infinite loading

Hi, I am currently trying to make an Android app with Buzztouch, but I have a problem. This application has two tabs (News and PDF => 2 custom url). News works perfectly, but on PDF tab there is an infinite loading. When I choose this tab (PDF), the link load without problems, there are several PDF appearing and that is when I click on one of these PDF that the infinite loading appears. The loaded link is : <a href="http://fr.calameo.com/accounts/3277536" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://fr.calameo.com/accounts/3277536</a> (ok) On an iPhone it is ok. I tried several models (android phone and tablet) and the problem is always present. EDIT : when I'm on the infinite loading, if I press 2 times the return arrow (which it trouvre on the tablet ), the infinite loading disappears and I can see the PDF. If I do not do this manipulation loading does not disappear.

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
02/03/15 05:01 AM (9 years ago)
Yeah its a bit annoying. Try searching for this in the pdf or custom url java file in android. Search for the following and comment it out. Before showProgress(null, null); After //showProgress(null, null);

Bertrand
Apple Fan
saint-quentin f...
02/03/15 09:34 AM (9 years ago)
I used your method thank you ;)

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
02/03/15 09:35 AM (9 years ago)
Yes, this can be very annoying at times. Some other approaches to deal with it are to set up a delay to call hideProgress after a few seconds, so it goes away no matter what, or to allow the user to click on the background to dismiss it. For the latter, it's really easy. Just open up the BT_fragment.java file and look for the showProgress method (somewhere around line 330). Toward the bottom of that method is this line: loadingMessage.setCanceledOnTouchOutside(false); set it to: loadingMessage.setCanceledOnTouchOutside(true); Now, tapping outside the spinner view will dismiss it. You can notify the user of this option using the second argument: showProgress(null,"Tap on background to dismiss");

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
02/03/15 09:46 AM (9 years ago)
Nice touch Chris :) Thanks

Bertrand
Apple Fan
saint-quentin f...
02/19/15 06:38 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks Chris ;)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.