Derval
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 20, 2012
Milan
01/31/15 07:49 AM (9 years ago)

Android Studio - Can't find a valid JVM? Here's a useful link

http://robdodson.me/setting-up-android-studio-on-yosemite/ This link along with @Gonorthwest's YouTube tutorials helped me a lot to get set up with the new Android Studio.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/31/15 10:26 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you!

Derval
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 20, 2012
Milan
01/31/15 10:40 AM (9 years ago)
No problem @Niraj... after spending a while troubleshooting these issues, you just hope your time spent can help someone else. Although, no doubt, this Android Studio environment will continuously change. Even @GoNorthWest's tutorial for setting up Android Studio in MacOS X show different screens than what's showing now on developer.android.com and he only posted his videos a few months ago. I was surprised that Android are forcing Android Studio on us... so glad to have @GoNorthWest's recent video just posted three weeks ago which shows you how to take a BT project package, import it into Android Studio, link the Google Play Services Library, generate a debug keystore and create an apk file. What a hero he is!!! :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.