Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 12    Views: 52

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
01/29/15 03:45 AM (9 years ago)

More than one QR code

I tried QR code plugin and works great. Is it somehow possible to scan more than 1 code in one single screen? Scenario: I have on one page of paper 3 QR codes, every one of them leads to their own website. In that case plugin would "know" which URL to open.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
01/29/15 04:43 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Miku, firstly the scanners are only able to scan one code at a time. secondly not sure I understand your issue, are all 3 codes websites? Becareful you don't lose focus on what you are trying to achieve with the barcodes. If you want a call to action, keep it clear what you actually want them to view... I would say rather have one barcode that loads a page with three buttons that could lead to abother page if they required. Cheers Kristen

miku
Aspiring developer
zagorje ob savi
01/29/15 05:03 AM (9 years ago)
Idea is: imagine you are coming to museum, beside each painting is QR code. You scan code and see description of that painting. If this is too complicated, it would be enough to read any code and link to webpage (like all QR readers from AppStore do). I also noticed that if I scan "wrong" code, error message is that plugin can't be found.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Perth, Australi...
01/29/15 05:50 AM (9 years ago)
Sure, reading a code via your app that loads a certain screen is very doable. or you can make it lead to an external site, but there are many qr readers for that....

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
01/29/15 07:27 AM (9 years ago)
If you're using my QR Code plugin, simply make the QR Code contain the item Id of whatever screen you want to load. Then, you can have one QR Reader plugin screen in the app but can be used to load any number of other screens.

miku
Aspiring developer
zagorje ob savi
01/29/15 08:10 AM (9 years ago)
Chris, I use your QR code, but if I understand you correctly: I can have one code, and this single code leads to more than one other screens. How can I tell on which screen to go? I don't understand what exactly you mean. Would you please explain?

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Perth, Australi...
01/29/15 08:32 AM (9 years ago)
Hi, Miku One code is only relevant to one screen, you can have multiple codes that lead to various screens. ie QR Code 1 = Info Screen on Mona Lisa QRCode 2 = info Screen on painting of Buzztouch Logo QRCode3 = Screen with map of where you are etc etc basicly its one plugin that can point your user to many different screens.

miku
Aspiring developer
zagorje ob savi
01/29/15 09:18 AM (9 years ago)
I understand that, but every code is it's own screen, correct? You will come to "Mona Lisa" and scan it, but to load "Screen on painting Buzztouch logo", you will have to load somehow another screen, correct? You will have to load it with button. In that case you don't need QR code, because you have button for that already. Logical would be, that you come to every painting, scan only code without searching for buttons on app, and get explanation. I don't know if you understand what I mean, but generally: reading different QR codes without any buttons.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Perth, Australi...
01/29/15 09:31 AM (9 years ago)
Sure, the idea is to have a unique qr code for each painting, leading you to a page relevant to that painting. so yes you can load directly the page you are looking for. You can load any screen in your BT project, whether it be a description or even another menu and so on. pretty much you will have one QR scan screen that once it scans a barcode it will go tot hat particular screen. then you can exit back to the scanner for the next barcode that you scan at the next painting.

miku
Aspiring developer
zagorje ob savi
01/29/15 09:53 AM (9 years ago)
"exit back to the scanner for the next barcode" means that I must load (with button) that next scanner screen, but which is right one? If I have 50 scanner screens I have to find the right one. QR code should do that, not user, agree? I would be very happy if you can explain it. Sorry to bother, but it is important for me to find out possibilities.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
01/29/15 03:45 PM (9 years ago)
You do not have 50 scanner screens, just 1 (ONE) scanner screen! As soon as you scanned a QR Code you just press back and you are on your 1 and only scanner screen to scan the next qr code.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Perth, Australi...
01/29/15 05:14 PM (9 years ago)
agree Miku, PM me if you want to hook up in skype or something to talk about it, we are both saying the same thing :) Kristen

miku
Aspiring developer
zagorje ob savi
01/29/15 11:20 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks guys, I found it, at last. Code Generator is only for generating codes!! Works perfect now.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.