Kingston
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 01, 2013
New York
01/14/15 10:26 AM (9 years ago)

Location Map not loading in Emulator

Hi, I have downloaded Android file in Version 3 and i have opened the file in Android studio and i prepared to run the project in Emulator. While clicking on Location Map icon it is not loading the Users location in Emulator. Its just showing the Message " There was a problem creating google map in most cases this error occurs because the android project was configured properly to run google map". Kindly provide me with some solution

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
01/14/15 10:44 AM (9 years ago)
maps do not load on emulators, you need to test that on a real device.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/15/15 03:24 AM (9 years ago)
Maps can work in Android simulators, provided you really, really want it. Search for key phrase "run maps on android simulator" may lead to a link such as this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14040185/running-google-maps-v2-on-the-android-emulator You will need to install several API's into your simulator and then it should work. But if you have a real device, use it too!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.